★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stone of Destiny

12-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Stone of Destiny

Got this when it first came out. Yeh, I paid full price. Normally, I don't get all that much time to play in one sitting and I thought this would last a long time and I thought the graphics were great.

Well, I just finished it. What was that, three months? Loved every minute of it and the very last puzzle was ridiculously difficult.

I really hope the author does another.

12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Is it like Myst?

12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenric View Post
Is it like Myst?
Nah, it's a hidden objects game.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Seriously... is it that long?

I got it like a month ago at $1.99 and i'm stuck in one of those diamond puzzles, you know, where the lines can't cross and i just got tired of trying so...

Anyway, congratulations haha
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Aw. Keep trying, arono. It's worth it. Also, for those who don't know, there is some replay value. The object lists change slightly every time you go through. I've played it through 3 or 4 times because I enjoy the graphics and gameplay.
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I don't like these style of games, but this one looks like there is a lot of production value and a great game if you like it.
12-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Aw. Keep trying, arono. It's worth it. Also, for those who don't know, there is some replay value. The object lists change slightly every time you go through. I've played it through 3 or 4 times because I enjoy the graphics and gameplay.
Yeh, the lines can't cross puzzle was a bit confusing but if you stick with it, you'll solve it. There are two in the game.

For Zenric, not at all like Myst (which i'm waiting for) but in the Hidden Object genre, prolly as good as it gets. The artwork is the best.
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Got this when it first came out. Yeh, I paid full price. Normally, I don't get all that much time to play in one sitting and I thought this would last a long time and I thought the graphics were great.

Well, I just finished it. What was that, three months? Loved every minute of it and the very last puzzle was ridiculously difficult.

I really hope the author does another.

WOW, congrats!
Im no where close to beating it

"Insert generic signature here"
12-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Yeh, the lines can't cross puzzle was a bit confusing but if you stick with it, you'll solve it. There are two in the game.

For Zenric, not at all like Myst (which i'm waiting for) but in the Hidden Object genre, prolly as good as it gets. The artwork is the best.
Myst should be an incredibly fun game, hopefully we'll get the first two
12-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Just want to say I took a chance on this game when it came out too, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gets dull with prolonged play, but good for ten minute bursts. I completed it about 3 times before I stopped playing. Sure, there are other games out now similar to this one, but I like it's photo-realistic graphics, and some things are very deviously hidden. A good game.