★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Top Meadow Inc.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.7 MB
  • Version: 1.4.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Buggle is a charming match three game from the designer of "The Incredible Machine".

----------------

Reviews:

"Featured App of the Week" - App Girl Reviews

"Everything just works well and ties together fabulously in this game..."

"This game has it all, fun graphics, cartoony sounds, a good variety of powerups, and some original basic gameplay mechanics..."

"This game turned out to be a lot of fun. Great polish, easy gameplay. Love that the possible matches wiggle..."

------------------

Very simple and intuitive game play -- just swipe your finger to slide and rotate the bugs. Match three bugs and they'll be free and fly away.

Lots of fun for all ages!

FEATURES
* Five different super powers.
* Earn award badges from the bugs.
* The bugs talk to you!
* Top ten list.
* Optimized for the iPhone.
* Easy, fun, and addictive
* Online leader boards
* Online achievements
* OPenFeint
------------------------------------

Check out the game video at: www.topmeadow.com/iPhone/buggle

For any support questions contact us at support@topm.com and we will get right back to you.

KevinRyan's comments:
For a short time Buggle will be free. (I set it to free just a little while ago - not sure how long it'll take show up as free in all the App Stores)

Ten years ago this evening my 3 month old son Aidan's heart stopped. He was up on the 15th floor of UCSF in San Francisco and had spent the day being prepared for a liver transplant. The doctors were able to get his heart going again and then he went off for 12 hours of surgery that ended around 6 in the morning. This was in the middle of what turned out to be an 8 month hospital stay for him. This was the first of many hospital stays.

Roughly five years ago he had brain surgery to hopefully make him no longer dependent on a shunt the was keeping fluid pressure from building up to high in his brain. Around this time I wrote an early version of Buggle for him on my desktop computer. He would wander into my home office and say "want to play bugs" and I'd set it up for him to play.

Here is is ten years later from that scary night and Aidan is now ten and doing very well. Life is good. Enjoy Buggle.

Aidan's story: http://www.topm.com/aidan/index.php

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Hope he's doing well!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Whoa! Sad story bro! I just read the entire article and got pretty emotional - I'm glad your son is doing better now. How is Paddy doing? Thanks for making Buggle free for a short while and best of wishes.
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
I hope he does well and doesnt need anymore surgerys

edit: in the canadian store its still 0.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
09-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow, that's rough. Glad to hear both Aidan and Paddy are doing well now. With Aidan helping his dad , I'm sure that this game will be very successful!!

Good luck to you and your family.
09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. As a father myself I know that seeing your child in pain is the worst experience. Good luck to Aidan and best wishes to your family.
09-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Wow, that's incredible. Thank God everything has turned out well. Thanks for sharing your story. He sounds like a very resilient little man. His struggles early in life will only make him stronger in his latter years.
09-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Is Aidan one of the achievement voices?

Glad to hear it all turned out well!

Now keep churning out those powerful iPhone games, Mr!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Much respect Kevin

I have had Buggle for awhile and I'm a big fan. See you on the leaderboards. Once you've had your chance to play for free, support Top Meadow for all the hard work that went into the game by leaving a review on iTunes

BTW, didn't you guys recently release another title?
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
So sorry to hear about your son. Glad he is doing better now. I hope his health continues to improve. As a parent myself, there is nothing scarier than your child being ill. Best wishes to you and your family.

I have also had this game for awhile now, and it is a really great game. The recent update added OpenFient with online scores and lots of achievements. I also would like to ask people to make sure they leave a review on iTunes.