★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

12-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Name:  STC4.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  11.6 KB
An Amiga classic reborn, Tennis Champs Returns!

20 years after the original Tennis Champs and Super Tennis Champs hit the Amiga, this is Tennis Champs brought bang up to date.

Remade completely for iOS by the original programmer, using the original characters and animation combined with all new physics, AI, touch friendly controls and a great new Career mode.

Career mode pits you against a field of 200 Tennis Pros on a full world tour packed with Events. Can you climb the rankings, win the major titles and be declared the True Tennis Champ?
Click image for larger version

Name:	STC2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	97001

Name:	STC3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	97003

Name:	STC1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	97002

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Brought to you by Uprising Games, creator of the multi Million downloaded Super Soccer Champs series.

Uprising Games Limited. Please check out our games:-
https://itunes.apple.com/us/develope...d./id326450720

Last edited by Uprising Elton; 01-31-2016 at 09:04 PM.
12-09-2015, 09:37 AM
I want this now!!!!!! I loved the original and can't wait to play it. Do you need beta? If yes then I'll happily do it

12-09-2015, 10:12 AM
It's in submission now. Hopefully out before Xmas..

Odd time for a Tennis game, yes! But let's not forget in a massive 50% of the worlds Hemispheres it is still summer!

There will be a tune up / tweaks update before the Aussie Open in January, and more throughout the coming year.

Multiplayer is a distinct possibility

12-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising Elton View Post
It's in submission now. Hopefully out before Xmas..

Odd time for a Tennis game, yes! But let's not forget in a massive 50% of the worlds Hemispheres it is still summer!

There will be a tune up / tweaks update before the Aussie Open in January, and more throughout the coming year.

Multiplayer is a distinct possibility
This (with Active Soccer Deluxe) is the game I am the most waiting for! There are absolutely no good tennis game on iOS (well there are maybe one or two but those are too old now). And the retro style is just what we needed.
12-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Will the career mode include the possibility to play the Davis Cup for our country? Even better, when you play home the Davis to have the possibility to choose the surface!
12-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Last question (well for now ^^) we'll there be the real players? Like Roger (for Federer) or Stan (for Wawrinka)? And finally will the ball ever hit the net or go out if we don't play the ball well or will it be a 100% arcade just like Virtua Tennis which means that it won't be challenging? I really hope the ball can go out or hit the net once in a while to make the whole game more challenging and real. Otherwise it will me like a better looking pong (Virtua Tennis isn't that fun).
12-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh, you can definitely miss and hit the net The game is a wee bit hardcore, and I'll probably have to lessen the difficulty a bit..

Will probably now be softlaunching (likely Ireland) and doing a full release in January to coincide with the Australian open for the best chance of some coverage.

The characters are first names only fictional, but one or two may pass some resemblance to real players, completely coincidentally of course

There's no Davis cup in there, it's possibility in a future update though.

*OFF TOPIC* Of course you should also be looking forward to Super Soccer Champs '16 in 2016 too! All new character sprites and gameplay, and it's currently feeling fantastic.. (if I do say so myself..)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Uprising Elton; 12-09-2015 at 12:24 PM.
12-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Basic controls.. Your character has many attributes that effect the shot, how well you can control incoming power etc. and the timing of your input can make all the difference.

Name:	STCcontrols.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	97005

12-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Oh, you can definitely miss and hit the net The game is a wee bit hardcore, and I'll probably have to lessen the difficulty a bit..

Will probably now be softlaunching (likely Ireland) and doing a full release in January to coincide with the Australian open for the best chance of some coverage.

The characters are first names only fictional, but one or two may pass some resemblance to real players, completely coincidentally of course

There's no Davis cup in there, it's possibility in a future update though.

*OFF TOPIC* Of course you should also be looking forward to Super Soccer Champs '16 in 2016 too! All new character sprites and gameplay, and it's currently feeling fantastic.. (if I do say so myself..)

Youtube link | Pop Up
SSC is among my favourite football games! Will there be the J-League again? If you need help I can update the players' data for you. Also if you could include the J2 and J3 I'll do the data for you.
12-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Quote:

I think it would be a lot better to soft launch in Canada!