★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Atari
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 94.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Celebrate the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer) community with Pridefest, an interactive social-simulation game that empowers YOU to bring joy and color to your city and friends! As Mayor, its your job to restore your city to its former glory by customizing shops, completing challenges, making new friends, and running your very own Pride parades. Choose your floats and navigate flamboyant parades in fun mini-games and puzzles. The bigger and more jubilant your parade, the more fun youll bring to the city, and the more of the city youll be able to customize and unlock! Lead your parade with your own avatar, join or form your own Club, and connect with other players to chat, visit each others city, or hang out in your town square.

Be Creative! Create and launch Pride parades by designing your own flotillas, with tons of flamboyant and fun floats to choose from - including bikers, LGBT flag-bearers, giant boom boxes, the Eiffel Tower and more!
Its YOUR City! Upgrade your LGBT Center and turn drab gray buildings into thriving businesses and residences, bringing more income to your city, and unlocking more of the city to explore. The residents of these buildings get bored over time, so its up to you to run parades by them to keep the party going!

Customizable Avatar! Personalize your own avatar with different body types, skin tones, clothes and accessories; Use your avatar to lead your own Pride parade or join a friends parade.

Story Mode! Complete forty tricky puzzle challenges while following the story of your Mayoral journey, and the story of Pride!
Lead Your Parade! Swipe to navigate your parade through city streets and festivals in fun and addictive parade mini-games; Collect power-ups to alter gameplay, while avoiding roadblocks, construction sites, and protestors. The farther you run your parade, the more joy youll bring to the city!

Share Your Pride! Robust social features include in-game chat, the ability to visit each others cities, and more. Meet people from around the world and build your own community of Pride!

Join the Community! An innovative Club program allows players to join together to chat and interact on a huge scale. Send messages to your group via in-game billboards, get exclusive news, updates, and more.

Eli's comments:

Pridefest™

Atari
Genres: Games Simulation Strategy Social Networking
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Celebrate the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer) community with Pridefest™, an interactive social-simulation game that empowers YOU to bring joy and color to your city and friends! As Mayor, it’s your job to restore your city to its former glory by customizing shops, completing quests, making new friends, and running your own Pride parades. Choose your floats and navigate flamboyant parades in fun mini-games. The more creative and jubilant your parade, the more happiness you’ll bring to the city, and the more of the city you’ll unlock! Lead your parade with your own customizable avatar, join or form your own Club, and connect with other players to chat, visit each other’s city, or hang out in your town square.

• Customizable Avatar! Personalize your own avatar with different body types, skin tones, clothes and accessories; Use your avatar to lead your own Pride parade or join a friend’s parade.

• It’s YOUR City! Upgrade your LGBT Center and drab gray buildings into brightly colored businesses and houses, bringing more income to your city, and unlocking more of the city to explore. The residents of these buildings get sad over time, so it’s up to you to run parades by them to keep the party going!

• Be Creative! Create and launch Pride parades by designing your own flotillas, with tons of flamboyant and fun floats to choose from including bikers, LGBT flag-bearers, giant boom boxes, the Eiffel Tower and more.

• Complete Quests! Solve challenges to unlock new parade and festival supplies and receive in-game currency – keep growing until your city is bursting with color!

• Lead Your Parade! Swipe to navigate your parade through city streets and festivals in fun and addictive parade mini-games; Collect power-ups to alter gameplay, while avoiding roadblocks, construction sites, and protestors. The farther you run your parade, the more joy you’ll bring to the city!

• Share Your Pride! Robust social features include in-game chat, the ability to visit each other’s cities, and more. Meet people from around the world and build your own community of Pride!

• Be a Leader of Your Community! An innovative “Club” program allows players to join together to chat and interact on a huge scale. Send messages to your group via in-game billboards, get exclusive news, updates, and more.

Dear friends, please enjoy this exclusive and limited release. We are looking for your feedback to keep adding new features. And if you experience any problem with the game, please let us know, we'll be happy to help.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 103.8MB

12-09-2015, 11:45 AM

Also out in Australia and Canada.

Last edited by Eli; 12-09-2015 at 12:55 PM.

12-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
YouTube: video

Also out in Australia and Canada. A certain group of people is totally going to rage about this
The genre is not my type, but I will definitely support it. Hopefully straight allies will support this game as well. Thank you for posting Eli.
12-09-2015, 12:11 PM
This game seems like to going to do well.
Never seen it done before.

Sorry I didn't realize I said anything wrong my apologizes .

Last edited by Jayg2015; 12-09-2015 at 02:48 PM.
12-09-2015, 12:34 PM
I am straight but will support it!
I am a gay rights activist locally in my city and have met w many public officials on getting resolutions etc passed to make their way of life better in my city. Pesky mayor hates it
12-09-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm so happy this exists. And I really hope this is good. It's an unexpected and much appreciated exception to have a LGBTQ themed game and it's long overdue. Especially since "Gay Fighter Supreme" (which looked like it could have been insanely fun) turned out to be such a disappointment.
But I see Grindr in the AppStore Charts constantly, the free as well as the paid app, and it seems to be doing pretty good, and all my gay friends throw their money at Apple. This is an untapped market. Gays are a very wealthy and powerful market. But there's very little in the AppStore, gamewise, that speaks to them (except, of course, Candy Crush and Clash of Clans, which they're IAPing the sh** out of btw, but you know what I mean. Games with a narrative or romantic options.). I'd love more diversity in games. Console gaming has long started getting there.

Last edited by hil; 12-09-2015 at 12:58 PM.
12-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Funny thing is: I can't find the IAPS. After the Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 debacle, I'm kind of afraid that Atari is going to milk this. And that feels wrong.
12-09-2015, 01:48 PM
It'd be rad if the comedy kings could stay out of this thread. Gay jokes stopped being funny in the 90's. Tired of deleting posts, I'm just going to put people in time out.
12-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
It'd be rad if the comedy kings could stay out of this thread. Gay jokes stopped being funny in the 90's. Tired of deleting posts, I'm just going to put people in time out.
I thought this thread was awfully devoid of juvenile comments, that explains that.

It's an interesting approach being published by Atari, it'll be interesting to see how well this serves a niche crowd of gamers who aren't so underpopulated I'm sure.
12-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Very cool. Looking forward to checking this out. As a gay dude, I'm personally not into the whole glitter and sparkles thing, but I'll download it and see what it's about.