★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: YOUNG SUK KO
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 135.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A beautiful historic castle is home to the legendary adorable samurai cats
But it has been invaded! Take on a heroic samurai adventure to retake your home!
Undertake your adventure together with your fellow colleagues and battle enemies together.
Get ready for epic legendary feline action!
Ka-Miaaaawwooww!!

1. Beautiful Scenery: Discover the legendary world of the Samurai in full 3D.. & now with whiskers!

2. Can you explore the whole Samurai kingdom, & find all the unique characters who live there?

3. Easy Controls: Epic battling just by tapping and swiping!

Jay Kim's comments:
Hello
Koriarts have just launched their epic action game "SAMURAI CASTLE" for mobile, Now available on Apple App Store !

Description
A beautiful historic castle is home to the legendary adorable samurai cats.
But it has been invaded! Take on a heroic samurai adventure to retake your home!
Undertake your adventure together with your fellow colleagues and battle enemies together.
Get ready for epic legendary feline action! Ka-Miaaaawwooww!!

12-09-2015, 01:18 PM
If it was me, I'd have totally named this "Samurai Catsle"

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace

12-09-2015, 02:41 PM
The graphics look beautiful on this! I'm tempted to buy, but I would probably enjoy this more if it were humans that were fighting instead of cats. I'll wait for imps...
12-09-2015, 04:11 PM
I'll bite! This game looks cute (chibi-neko are always cute!)

--- please see my response below for a review of the game.

Last edited by yorrick; 12-09-2015 at 08:40 PM.
12-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Looks a bit slow but I'll still give it a go as I love cats and Japan ^^
12-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Good game. Not the best ever but it's definitely fun and actually better than I thought. The only thing is that you can't really go where you want. You can skip by swiping forward, backward and on the side but that's about it.
12-09-2015, 08:39 PM
I had loaded this up and had a play of it. I really wanted to like this game and the graphics looked great.

Unfortunately, the graphics was not very fluid and when the final enemy (or yourself) got killed, it had a slow motion that often stuttered along.
The instructions for the game was not very informative (more work needs to be put towards this) and I couldn't work out the gameplay. Investing further time and effort into language translation and instructions to guide the user would be worthwhile.
The "tap anywhere to shoot an arrow" often had arrows flying over the enemy and the "tap and hold for a powerful shot" worked occasionally.

The movement of your character was controlled by the device and you could only swipe sideways to roll left or right. The problem was that once the enemy surrounded you, there was no where to roll and repeatedly got hit until you died. As more enemies attacked you, the frame rate of the game dropped a little - which was noticable.

I do not feel the asking price of USD$2.99/AUD$4.99 is value for money.
12-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorrick View Post
I had loaded this up and had a play of it. I really wanted to like this game and the graphics looked great.

Unfortunately, the graphics was not very fluid and when the final enemy (or yourself) got killed, it had a slow motion that often stuttered along.
The instructions for the game was not very informative (more work needs to be put towards this) and I couldn't work out the gameplay. Investing further time and effort into language translation and instructions to guide the user would be worthwhile.
The "tap anywhere to shoot an arrow" often had arrows flying over the enemy and the "tap and hold for a powerful shot" worked occasionally.

The movement of your character was controlled by the device and you could only swipe sideways to roll left or right. The problem was that once the enemy surrounded you, there was no where to roll and repeatedly got hit until you died. As more enemies attacked you, the frame rate of the game dropped a little - which was noticable.

I do not feel the asking price of USD$2.99/AUD$4.99 is value for money.

Thanks for your advise for Samurai Castle.
I'll try to patch your opinion to next update.
But I hope you play clear Samurai Castle there are left many beautiful scene.
12-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Good game. Not the best ever but it's definitely fun and actually better than I thought. The only thing is that you can't really go where you want. You can skip by swiping forward, backward and on the side but that's about it.
I'm happy to you have fun playing Samurai Castle.
12-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
If it was me, I'd have totally named this "Samurai Catsle"
Wow! Great Title!
"Samurai Catsle"
I like it!