★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Interactive Fiction

12-10-2015, 11:00 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 982
Interactive Fiction

This is becoming my favorite "gaming" genre, since I don't have the will anymore to dive into complex systems and I was always a story-orientated gamer.

Which are the developers and games I should keep an eye out for?

I play Telltalle, Tin Man, Choice of Games, Inkle games on a regular basis.

Also, loved the ones like Device 6.

Any suggestions?
12-10-2015, 01:50 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 302
Looks like you've already found the best devs. Inkle is certainly redefining the genre with Sorcery and 80 Days. I just finished One Button Travel which is enjoyable providing you have the patience. Presently reading Samurai of Hyuga from Hosted Games (using the " Choice of" system). This is from a professional author so it's really well written. If you ever get back into complex systems then I'd strongly recommend Hadean Lands. Totally mindbending at first but with a logical structure which I understood eventually.

12-10-2015, 02:58 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Looks like you've already found the best devs. Inkle is certainly redefining the genre with Sorcery and 80 Days. I just finished One Button Travel which is enjoyable providing you have the patience. Presently reading Samurai of Hyuga from Hosted Games (using the " Choice of" system). This is from a professional author so it's really well written. If you ever get back into complex systems then I'd strongly recommend Hadean Lands. Totally mindbending at first but with a logical structure which I understood eventually.
Thanks for the tip, Stronsay!

How complex is that game? If it is not overwhelming I might give it a try.
12-10-2015, 03:33 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,194
Checkout Lifeline, Lifeline: Silent Night, and Lifeline 2 by 3 Minute Games. I also highly recommend Joe Dever's Lone Wolf.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 12-10-2015 at 03:40 PM.
12-11-2015, 09:27 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 302
Ha! Hadean Lands is the most complex game I've ever seen, Dankrio. It's not exactly overwhelming but does take time and commitment to understand the alchemical logic. Not something to be undertaken lightly but if you do get the hang of it then it becomes very absorbing.
12-11-2015, 10:48 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Checkout Lifeline, Lifeline: Silent Night, and Lifeline 2 by 3 Minute Games. I also highly recommend Joe Dever's Lone Wolf.
I got Lone Wolf but haven't played it yet. I am going to buy the other games, though. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Ha! Hadean Lands is the most complex game I've ever seen, Dankrio. It's not exactly overwhelming but does take time and commitment to understand the alchemical logic. Not something to be undertaken lightly but if you do get the hang of it then it becomes very absorbing.
So, I have to pass it at the moment.

On gaming I am now trying to keep a mix between fun and work in which work is as simples as possible.
07-10-2016, 08:40 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 302
Tokyo 13. - A fake social network for people who like to exchange puzzles; or is it? This is a Japanese app so of course there may be monsters.
07-12-2016, 12:43 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Tokyo 13. - A fake social network for people who like to exchange puzzles; or is it? This is a Japanese app so of course there may be monsters.
Gonna check it. Thanks!