★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Retro Axios is a shoot 'em up game just like the ones from the 80's but with neon colors from the 90's in the spirit of Jarvis, DeMar and Minter.

- 80's arcade style
- Direct and intense gameplay
- Highscore madness
- Responsive Control with single finger
- Retro style graphics and sound
- No iAD's or In-App Purchases ever
- Universal - play on iPhone and iPad!

What people say:

"Definitely worthwhile for shmup / Minter fans"

"it's 69p and it has old fashioned proper arcade stylings and a Minter vibe with a mix of galaxians, asteroids and space invaders"

"I'm really having fun! It's like all of my favorite games I grew up with all rolled up into one. You can't go wrong here"

The game requires iPhone 4 / iPad 3 or newer for a great gaming experience.
12-10-2015, 02:51 PM
This looks intriguing.

12-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
This looks intriguing.
An 8-bit game?
12-10-2015, 09:38 PM
I've only played a bit but first impressions are positive. It's a pretty basic shooter with decent relative touch controls (though no control options). The Minter influence is heavy and immediately apparent--imagine the iOS Gridrunner in space with toned-down graphics. Definitely worthwhile for shmup/Minter fans.
12-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
An 8-bit game?
Being 8-bit makes it not intriguing? You pixel racist.
12-10-2015, 10:46 PM
This is up my alley but I've spent so much this week lol. If anyone plays I'd certainly love full gameplay and progression impressions and or a gameplay video.

Billy
12-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Being 8-bit makes it not intriguing? You pixel racist.
Its not intriguing. Its fun. There are lots of similar games to this and I love it. Retro type games. Loving this kind of games is racist? Or commenting a questions "an 8-bit game?" makes me a pixel racist? Grow up kiddo.

iOS/Android GamePlay and Trailers Channel - I play games 24/7. Sleep is for the weak!

12-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
Its not intriguing. Its fun. There are lots of similar games to this and I love it. Retro type games. Loving this kind of games is racist? Or commenting a questions "an 8-bit game?" makes me a pixel racist? Grow up kiddo.
OMG. Grow up kiddo? Wow. Someone can't take a joke. Who's the real kiddo?
12-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
OMG. Grow up kiddo? Wow. Someone can't take a joke. Who's the real kiddo?
You. For taking my statement really serious

iOS/Android GamePlay and Trailers Channel - I play games 24/7. Sleep is for the weak!

12-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
I've only played a bit but first impressions are positive. It's a pretty basic shooter with decent relative touch controls (though no control options). The Minter influence is heavy and immediately apparent--imagine the iOS Gridrunner in space with toned-down graphics. Definitely worthwhile for shmup/Minter fans.
just picked up after a long journey with a stonking hangover. It's like Minter on the ZX Spectrum. I'll sink my teeth in tomorrow. Well spotted.