★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Underworld: SweetDeal, the location-based MMO

10-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Underworld: SweetDeal, the location-based MMO

Underworld: SweetDeal is a unique location-based MMO based on a classic DopeWars game. Using GPS inside the iPhone and iPod Touch, players discover a parallel world based on underground economy. The goal is to find good deals in places the player goes to in real life and to make profit by moving the merchandise around. The unique feature of the game is that you must actually move in the real world to move in the game.

Underworld is free to play, with optional paid in-game extras available to purchase. The latest version is the first iPhone MMO supporting micro-transactions.

The title’s prequel, Underworld: DrugLords, has been widely discussed in major tabloids and and blogs since its unofficial release to a limited beta testing community in January, 2009. After Apple has rejected the game in February, the game was re-skinned to another theme: from drugs to candies
  • Unlimited amount of locations: game world is REAL!
  • Geographically enriched world wide Cream of the Crop high score board
  • Communicate and make business with real people around you
  • Push notifications support
  • Easy to catch on game rules: buy low and sell high
  • Open game roadmap: tell us what features to implement in the upcoming versions
  • FREE updates: new game features going out live on a regular basis

Free version

Premium version ($0.99)

PREMIUM VERSION FEATURES

- 4 hours of full police protection
- 4 days protection from the loan shark
- +30% Carry Space temporary boost
- 1 Supply & Demand info request (precise info on the local market prices)

Keywords: Underworld DrugLords Traffic Online Multiplayer Location GPS Trade Economy Mafia MMO

Underworld site & msg board: http://uw.a-steroids.com
Developer news: http://a-steroids.com
Developer's twitter: http://twitter.com/a_steroids
10-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Promo codes are available for the Premium version of the game. Enjoy.

10-01-2009, 10:26 AM
By the way, ever since Underworld was launched, we've been running this policy of getting as many as possible of players' feedback. You can either vote for the upcoming game features, suggest something new or report a bug right from the game.

Let us know if you have something to say about the Underworld!
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
man, first apple replaces my blood with candy, and now my drugs too?!
10-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Oh, I'm glad to say the game has quite a committed community Soon after every new release a skin appears in Cydia making the AppStore version of Underworld look all 'druggy' again.
Jailbreakers welcome: DrugLords theme for Underworld.
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
I notice in one of your screenshots it says "sunset district, san francisco". Thats where I live! Did you test the game there or something?

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
dogmeat, actually, we have tested the game in different places all over the world, but that's something we can do without even physically going to the place, you know

But I do remember how the Sunset District came up! When we needed a good place to shoot the screens, I looked up over Google Map and found this place in SF and used it's coordinates
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
One more thing, the game is going to appear in the Android Market later this fall. Hopefully, in it's original theme.