★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

AirAttack 2 was $2, now $1

12-13-2015, 10:48 AM
AirAttack 2 was $2, now $1

That was quick! It's only been out a week.
But don't complain, you got a whole extra week to play this beautiful game.

And most likely, this sale could be to celebrate all the excellent reviews it's been getting! Like here on TA- GOTW !

Enjoy!
12-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Bought!

12-13-2015, 11:05 AM

12-13-2015, 11:20 AM
I mean, the game is worth like $20 easily, but it's still not wise to shaft your early adopters like that.
12-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
^^i dunno if they would have done this if their game didn't get the GOTW win here...

Their first get didn't have a price drop for 4-5 years...

They do not have a habit of putting their games on sale (at least not yet).
12-13-2015, 12:08 PM
If there are no complainers that show up here then they have been ok with other games dropping price quickly but just wanted to act like they were mad. This is usually when a lot of hurt feelings over pocket change emerge. I am going to start complaining if I don't start seeing hate in this thread towards these devs for screwing over the early adopters.

Oh yeah, just bought at the sale price!!!! Woo!
12-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyou98 View Post
If there are no complainers that show up here then they have been ok with other games dropping price quickly but just wanted to act like they were mad. This is usually when a lot of hurt feelings over pocket change emerge. I am going to start complaining if I don't start seeing hate in this thread towards these devs for screwing over the early adopters.

if the launch price was $5 then a $1 sale would be a hard slap in the face to the early adopters, but knocking off $1 from an already cheap $2, must be a celebration or someones birthday or just that time of year when everyone drops their prices, no?
12-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyou98 View Post

The feelings are hurt more out of principle, not pocket change lost.. This is the reason most people wait for sales, which is what I suppose I will begin doing too. Does this help developers in the long run? Possibly, but its a gamble - like anything else.

Off topic: I don't really care for this game that much.. It is horribly repetitive, and sucks the soul out of me. This is coming from a guy who is not attracted to shmup's, in general. I bought it after all the fanboys were hyping it up. I will play it on rare occasions, possibly. This game also does a very good job of heating up my battery (iPad mini-2) to the point of concern.

Last edited by SimonMagus; 12-13-2015 at 05:25 PM.
12-13-2015, 02:36 PM
I think Art in Games' may have erred by making AirAttack 1 free last week. IMO the first game is OK but not even close to being in the same league as AA2, so one might imagine that tactic failed to help AA2.

@matyou98 The hard turn towards aggressive marketing does not annoy me either, since I already bought the game. In fact I am thrilled to have a front row seat in this business school mini-course on conquering the App Store :-D
12-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Even though I got it for regular price I don't feel I was ripped off. It's a buck difference. And the game is great.