★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chris Egerter
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.9 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Pocket Farm is the farming game you have all been waiting for on the iPhone! Unlike other farming games this one doesn't require you to buy additional points or virtual items after you've already paid for the game! Pocket Farm is not a clone, it's a unique experience you won't find in other farming games.

You've probably heard about the farming phenomenon on Facebook and wished you could play it anywhere. Now you can build your farms wherever you go! Pocket Farm is a casual sandbox game that lets you build farms at your own pace and sell your harvest in a fun mini-game.

With only a shovel and a handful of seeds, build your farm from the ground up into a money making business. Buy fields, fences, a barn, tractor, pond, and a variety of animals. Place them where you want to design your farm the way you like it. Water the crops from your pond, or use a tractor to plow all the fields at once.

When you've harvested enough vegetables that are in demand, head to the market where you'll have to pack customer's baskets with vegetables without letting them fall off the conveyor belt. Fill adjacent baskets to chain them together and collect bonus multipliers to earn the most cash!

This extremely addicting combination of harvesting and selling will keep your fingers moving and brain entertained!
It's two games in one!

Best of all it's under 10 megs so you can download it directly to your phone without a computer! So what are you waiting for? Get farming TODAY!

FEATURES
- Addictive gameplay for all ages!
- Built in help and gameplay tips
- Zoom in and out of your farm
- Cute and zany graphics
- 40 Levels
- 8 musical tracks

TRAILER
Please watch the trailer at http://tinyurl.com/PocketFarm (YouTube video)

NEWS
A lite version is now available. Search for "Pocket Farm Lite".

REVIEWS
iphoneapps-review.com
"I really enjoyed this game, its simplistic nature is very soothing. I don't know what it is but this game really appeals to me. I've never wanted to be a farmer or anything, so it's kind of strange that I enjoy a virtual farming game so much. For only $0.99, it's hard to go wrong here.

This game surprised the hell outta me! I figure for the cost and the amount of peace the game seems to bring me, it's totally worth the buck I paid for it. 5/5"

AppModo.com:
"Pocket Farm is extremely addictive. I simply couldnt stop playing this game. I would definitely recommend this game to all kids, both young and old."

DEVELOPER NOTES
For all the people giving low reviews because they didn't read the instructions... READ THIS: The crops in demand are highlighted with a yellow box at the top of the screen. Don't grow crops for the market if they aren't in demand or no baskets will appear and you will waste them.

JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
-On Facebook at www.facebook.com/RockingPocketGames
-On Twitter at twitter.com/RockingPocket

MORE GAMES
Doodle Fishing, Doodle Chopper, Puppet Jump, Puppet Sprint, Puppet Labyrinth, Super Soccer Kick 3D, Super Football Kick 3D, Pocket Farm, iFishing, iFishing Saltwater, Dark Raider, Dark Raider S, Blue Skies 3GS, Blue Skies, The Guy Game, The Girl Game

RPGGuy's comments:

Trailer:
10-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
This looks good. The animals are cute, too.

10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Has anyone tried this? It looks fun in the video.
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
This is simlar to Farmville on facebook.
10-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I'll be interested to read people's impressions of this one to see how close to Farmville it actually is. Farmville seems to be the leading farm managements game, so maybe this will encourage the makers of Farmville to put out an official version on the iPhone.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
10-01-2009, 11:11 AM
A Farmville app must be on its way, considering that Zynga has already released Mafia Wars and Live Poker.

Current Top Five: Monster Dash, Action Buggy, Godville, Mr. Space, The Incident
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I've been waiting on a Farmville app. Never got into the Facebook version but a few friends keep bugging me to. I get the feeling an official Zynga one will be better though.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-01-2009, 12:52 PM
This one is more fun selling your harvest than Farmville. The gameplay is divided evenly between buying and selling modes. There are plans like Pocket God to update it every week with new items to buy.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
10-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Maybe, but presumably an official Farmville app would integrate with the Facebook version and all my friends would be there. Plus... Farmville has 18 million players, so it should have great funding and support.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I deleted FarmVille/FarmTown from facebook because it generated way too many notifications from my friends every day. It basically took over my facebook experience and took away from why I used Facebook in the first place, to see what's happening with my friends.

This game is similar in concept but not networked or connected to facebook. So no annoying notifications, and no random people coming onto your farm and doing stuff to you. It also has things that Farmville does not, it's more like Profitville if you've ever played that. So it's a different experience, and most importantly it can be downloaded right now! Who knows if/when an official Farmville port will be released....

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)