★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's the modern game with the old combat style, return you back in time to the days of first 3D shooter games.

Delve into an underground realm of Undead King in search of Old Gold.
Your hero will be able to journey through dungeons full of rare items and treasure chests.
Engage in battles with awful beasts and hordes of skeleton warriors while exploring catacombs.
You start your quests with one of the weapon like: broken sword, rocks, dagger, throwing knives,sword, bow, mace, magic staff and spear.
You need to use specific advantages of weapons in order to be more effective against evil monsters.
Over the course of the game, improve your combat skill of sword fighting and bow shooting to defeat the army of Undead King and destroy him once and for all!

This game is for all fans of 3D action games, FPS games(First-Person Shooters), RPG games, and for all those who like to fight undead creatures.

Eli's comments:

Old Gold

Andrey Razbakov
Genres: Games Arcade Action
$0.99 USD

Quote:
It's the modern game with the old combat style, return you back in time to the days of first 3D shooter games.

Delve into an underground realm of Undead King in search of Old Gold.
Your hero will be able to journey through dungeons full of rare items and treasure chests.
Engage in battles with awful beasts and hordes of skeleton warriors while exploring catacombs.
You start your quests with one of the weapon like: broken sword, rocks, dagger, throwing knives,sword, bow, mace, magic staff and spear.
You need to use specific advantages of weapons in order to be more effective against evil monsters.
Over the course of the game, improve your combat skill of sword fighting and bow shooting to defeat the army of Undead King and destroy him once and for all!

This game is for all fans of 3D action games, FPS games(First-Person Shooters), RPG games, and for all those who like to fight undead creatures.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 69.8MB

12-16-2015, 02:01 PM
This looks great the graphics on the weapons and hand remind me of oblivion

12-16-2015, 02:06 PM
This really looks good. I wonder why there isnt any talk of this here yet?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Needs to be more in the description. Is there a way for every character to heal themselves? Is it a rogue like with permadeath? Is there procedure generation? How do we replenish arrows and mana?

If I knew more I'd buy it.

Billy
12-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Here are my first impressions, after spending some time with this game.

Prepare to die. The enemies are NEARLY impossible to avoid. Good luck with that whole surviving thing.

Controls and framerate are very clunky. It requires precise targeting that an iPhone touchscreen does not allow.

It's unwieldy. Very difficult controls.

All considering, this thing should run fine on an iPhone 6+, but it doesn't. I don't know why I bother with iPhone games, sometimes. At least it was only a dollar.

My final impressions: avoid at all costs!
12-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goggles View Post

Prepare to die. The enemies are NEARLY impossible to avoid. Good luck with that whole surviving thing.

Controls and framerate are very clunky. It requires precise targeting that an iPhone touchscreen does not allow.

All considering, this thing should run fine on an iPhone 6+, but it doesn't. I don't know why I bother with iPhone games, sometimes. At least it was only a dollar.

Thank you, this $0.99 went to Card Crawl instead. And, I have not finished Legends of Grimrock yet..
12-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:

Wow, thanks for the heads up, and I was almost ready to tap the 'buy" button. It appears that the game was not only badly optimized, if it struggles to perform on something as high end as an iPhone 6+, but it was badly balanced as well, if even basic monsters are that hard to beat.
12-16-2015, 03:10 PM
I don't know, honestly I prefer this to heavy blade. Your sword doesn't flop around like a limp noodle and there is more weapon variety. It IS hard but pretty fun and it's only .99
12-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Quote:

Thanks for taking the dive for the rest of us. Will avoid when I was about to punch the "Buy" button.
12-16-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm sticking to legends of grimrock. Until further reviews