★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bo Multimedia
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Glazlix is a stained glass puzzle game. Use the multi touch technology to solve the infinite number of puzzles generated randomly every time you start a new game.
Start with a small number of elements then increase your difficulty level as you become more skilled and experienced assembling more and more elements. Test
yourself against the time race, trying to solve the puzzle within a given time. Finally make it even more difficult, push your brain to the
edge trying to solve the ultimate glass puzzle, free the glass elements and remove the frame.
FEATURES:
- random generated puzzle every time
- from 8 to 50 elements in each puzzle
- time race mode
- frame free mode for advanced players
10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Very clever way to generate unlimited puzzles. Good luck to the devs.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Edit: Oops, double post.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Have to admit that looks pretty cool.

For the price, it could use some more graphical polish - maybe add some shiny to the pieces or something... (It'd have to be real shiny, if you use fake shiny, then you give away the piece orientations... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
price drop to $0.99

don't know if anyone is interested - but interesting enough for me. I'll put some impressions up later tonight, or perhaps tomorrow.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 10-03-2009 at 08:25 PM.
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
So I played through a couple of puzzles.

Overall plays pretty well. A little bit of an issue, particularly with screen real estate when you have more pieces. I think 50 pieces would be impossible to manage, just because there is no place to put all the pieces. Having them all on the side makes is very difficult to pick out appropriate pieces. However, with smaller numbers it is manageable. The pick up and rotate works pretty well. And the fine tuning with tilt works really nicely.

The frame on/off which I took to mean the actual outside frame is not that at all. Having the frame on gives you pencil marks of what piece goes in what spot. Actually if you have frame on, and complete the puzzle, just not with the pieces in the correct pencil areas - it won't recognize the puzzle is solved. On the plus side using the pencil lines - as long as you are pretty close it will snap in to the right spot.

Has some nice background music. The frames don't change - always a circle - only the number of pieces. The randomization of the puzzle comes into play with size and shape being randomly generated. Colors as noted are pleasing.

I think at 2.99 there would need to be some better way to separate out pieces, but have them available - almost like a sliding board that you could move in and out particularly for large number of pieces. Also, would be nice to have different shapes of puzzles - maybe 10 -15 different common shapes - oval, rectantangle, square, trapezoid, star, etc. But at this price point, it can provide some nice puzzle solving with nice mechanics.

10-03-2009, 09:34 PM
thanks pluto for the impressions

Are the puzzle hard, just right not including the fact of the difficulty of the putting the pieces on the side?

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks, p6.

10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
thanks pluto for the impressions

Are the puzzle hard, just right not including the fact of the difficulty of the putting the pieces on the side?
Hey skyye - well you can have anywhere from 5 to 50 pieces. You can imagine that 50 pieces would be pretty difficult to figure out where they go. I did a 20 piece, and that was a nice size, took a little while, but was probably the upper lit of manageable to be able to pick out pieces that you would like to choose.

I don't consider it to be a bad purchase, but could be somewhat repetitive.

10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
on sale for $1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.