★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ibalone.com
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Play Abalone on your iPhone with ibalone!

Finally the world famous strategy game is available for your favourite device. Pick a colour and fight your opponent immediately!

Each player has 14 marbles placed on a hexagonal board. The objective of the game is to push 6 of your opponents marbles into the vault.

Features of ibalone:
* Play vs. the built-in AI and fight the computer
* 3 skill levels and three start positions guarantee long-term motivation
* Play vs. a human opponent on the same device
* Customize the look&feel to your preferences by choosing one of the two skins available
* Turn music and sound effects on/off
* Listen to your own iPod music during gameplay
* Learn to play ibalone by watching two computer players fight each other
* Online help available at help.ibalone.com

For everyone loving chess and other board strategy games ibalone is the new game you need to have.
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
It does have the 3 starting positions (it has Belgian Daisy which is most popular in tournaments and Dutch Daisy) and as many say they don't like how this game can be all defensive just move towards center and keep 3 marbles at all times in defensive position so the starting positions attempt to alleviate stalemates, if you will.

Youtube link | Pop Up

I'll keep this on my radar if it drops to $1 then I'll snag it.

Here's the rules:
each player takes it in turns to move 1,2 or 3 marbles 1 space in any direction, although if a multiple is moved they must all be touching and must all move in the same direction. If 2 or 3 are moved along the line (As opposed to appearing to march sideways) and they come up against any opponents marbles, they can push them so long as they outnumber them; hence 2 of my marbles can push 1 of yours and 3 of mine can push 1 or 2 of yours. In this way, opponents marbles can be pushed off the board. The first to remove 6 opponents marbles wins.

Last edited by mrbass; 10-01-2009 at 11:41 AM.
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
mrbass: it just dropped below 1$ :-)
08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
thanks for tip I just did pick it up. I remembered there was a free Abalone iphone game came out recently and couldn't find it on itunes. It was still on my ipad and remember not really getting into the game. This one seems funky you select 3 guys to move. Still not quite sure how it's done. Definitely needs a QUIT option though.