★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: City Quests
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 832.6 MB
  • Version: 2.9.43
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: City Run London is a rescue adventure through the ancient gate-towers of Tudor London.

With its bittersweet cast of characters and smoky soundscape bridging then and now, this game offers a time travel immersion inside a comic book aesthetic.

1545 City of London. Exhausted by demanding wives and civil unrest, the uneasy king has a web of spies across the capital looking for opposition. Say the wrong thing and youll hang for it! In an era as famous for its majesty as its gore, we bring you a tale of one man who spoke out, and the amazing adventure of another on a nightlong mission to save him.

Game Play
Players guide heroine Willa - known to the authorities only as The Moth - making use of her skills of invisibility and stealth in her quest to rescue the outspoken monk. Shes his only hope of escape, so when the curfew bell tolls and the streets empty, its up to her to to race against the coming dawn and his inevitable execution. With spies all around and a price on her head players must keep the Moth hidden from danger, opposing character cones of vision to avoid dismissal to the last checkpoint. Her route is above the streets along the London wall which is pierced by 8 themed gate tower/game levels which requiring intuition, timing and stealth to win.

The artists behind City Run London come from the worlds of music and film, having worked with the likes of Audio Slave to Monty Python, Stephen Spielberg to Muse and Nirvana to Human League, Tina Turner and Pink Floyd.

www.cityrunlondon.com www.cqworlds.com www.facebook/cityrunlondon #cityrunlondon

More than 47 locations to explore
Original soundtrack fusing voice, choir and instrumental music
Fully animated and voiced story-telling
11 hand-drawn cut-scenes (and many more in-game)

Plays best on iPhone 4 / iPad Retina and above.

Qwertz555's comments:

12-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Thanks mc, and finally the link again, please.

My Mac gives me an estimated download time of 4 hours, argh!
Apple and the internet seem very busy.

12-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Thanks mc, and finally the link again, please.

My Mac gives me an estimated download time of 4 hours, argh!
Apple and the internet seem very busy.
The link's there. It'll pop up soon enough.

And yeah, I have no idea...my internet's actually alright for once and Shadowgate needs 8 hours. >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-17-2015, 05:02 PM
wOH... Another good looking release.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Looks really good...downloading it now, spent way too much money this week
12-18-2015, 05:57 AM
Oh, it seems i'm already through a third of the game, but right now and without restarting the level, i'm (fast) spawning at the same point i died before, just to die again three seconds later. Trapped in a loop. I'd say this is a bugged design. And right at this point i also say, play it on an ipad mini and bigger. The character can get very small (no zoom option) and difficult to be seen.

Without using the hint system, which seems to recharge quickly at no cost (no coin system or such) i'm pretty much lost of where to go next when it comes to outwit the guards. The screen is fixed without a possibility to drag and look around, until you might hit a "checkpoint" where the screen automatically turnes into a new position. The eagle-eye (=hint system) option shows you where you are, but already gives you the solution...if you discover yourself on the little iphone screen.
The stay-in-the-shadow system isn't really clear defiened and from the puzzle-ish aspect (not the stealth puzzles) it's too easy, so far.
Or i'm simply missing something important here.
Maybe because it was very late and i was tired.
I dare to say that probably every other stealth game out there has a better and a clearer gameplay.

I would edit this post when i have time again to play more, but that might be only by tomorrow.

The atmospheric story and the mostly good graphics is turning fast into a bizarre with morbid humor filled one, great voices but too loud music and absolutely NO options besides six languages (engl, germ, span, kor, jap, chin).

I'm sounding weired (as the hangman in the game, still rofl about him):
I'm glad i spent that little dollar, but i definitely can't recommend it without losing any credits (if i have, lol) here on TA.

Edit: usually don't like it at all, but i'm ok with the tap to move controls here. Again, no options at all.
Installed GB 1.25

Last edited by Qwertz555; 12-18-2015 at 06:02 AM.
12-23-2015, 11:11 PM

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

12-24-2015, 05:50 AM
Cool,atmosphere to the game but the perspectives can be a bit of a mess sometimes. Also some of the audio transitions are jarring. This seems like an ambitious game where they ran out of money and released it without polish at a bargain price. I can't recommend this game.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve