★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Chrono Trigger (by Square Enix Inc) 9.99 > 4.99

12-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Chrono Trigger (by Square Enix Inc) 9.99 > 4.99

Sale!🎄🎅

12-21-2016, 07:11 AM
One year later, this sale is back!

12-21-2016, 07:35 AM
Already spotted this - delighted to finally get Chrono Trigger. Couldn't get it last year because I was still on iOS 8.4.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
12-21-2016, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Already spotted this - delighted to finally get Chrono Trigger. Couldn't get it last year because I was still on iOS 8.4.
I remember being in the same predicament, except I made the purchase through iTunes.

(I still haven't played the game though! )
12-21-2016, 02:01 PM
How is this for a new player who has never experienced before? Ive played all the final fantasys and dragon quests so will this be the same old or is it worth playing? Pls no fanboying if u loved it as a kid as i just want to know how it stands today as a goid game worth my time, i only say this as of my huge backlog! Thanks guys!
Also someone mentioned that cutscenes have been taken out this game? Is that true?
12-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
How is this for a new player who has never experienced before? Ive played all the final fantasys and dragon quests so will this be the same old or is it worth playing? Pls no fanboying if u loved it as a kid as i just want to know how it stands today as a goid game worth my time, i only say this as of my huge backlog! Thanks guys!
Also someone mentioned that cutscenes have been taken out this game? Is that true?
This is one of the best if not the best RPG ever made. it's worth getting and yes they did but it still a great game

im a rpg loving kind of guy
12-22-2016, 09:54 AM
I had the game. But will consider to have it again on ios if 0.99
12-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
The cutscenes were never in the original SNES release. IIRC they were added on the PSX version.

As far as gameplay goes, this is STILL one of the best games to play even in today's standards.To be honest, i think today's standard in JRPG is quite low. Sure they look flashy, but lacks real meat.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword