★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Reiner Knizias The Confrontation is a turn-based strategy game pitting two players, Light and Shadow, against one another with asymmetric forces and hidden units.

Play as the beleaguered Light, embarking on a desperate quest to save the kingdom from the evil sorcery that has fallen over the land. Carefully guide your forces across the board, avoiding the awaiting dark side armies, and lead your Prince to the Stronghold to defeat evil at its source.

Play as the loathsome Shadow, rampaging across the land, destroying any Light character within your path. Seek out and destroy the Prince before he can succeed in his quest, or lay siege to the Capital with 3 of your units to conquer Light at its heart.

Deploy your forces, each with its own unique power, and fight your way through the land, using cards in combat to increase your strength or perform tactical feats to outwit your foe. Exploit special features throughout the landscape and powerful spells to navigate around enemy forces or ambush them as they attempt to reach their goal. Many will perish along the way, but will their sacrifices be in vain?

Like many of Knizias designs, The Confrontation can be played casually between beginners or fiercely between master strategists its up to you and your opponents!

GAME FEATURES

- Solo play versus multiple AI opponents.
- Realtime online multiplayer.

COMPATIBILITY

Requires a retina display and iOS 7 or higher, so we recommend a minimum of iPad 3 or iPad Mini 2 or newer.

FOLLOW

- Twitter.com/OffworldGames
- Facebook.com/OffworldGames
- Instagram.com/OffworldGames
- YouTube.com/OffworldGames
- OffworldGames.com

Music Composed by:
Mike Weiser, www.mikeweisermusic.com (ASCAP)
Mattias Holmgren, www.morningdewmedia.com

offworldgames's comments:

Hey all, our newest title, Reiner Knizia's The Confrontation just went live today!

Here's the info and link and our initial launch trailer:

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them!

Update: 11/4/2016 - Variant Mode now available!

12-18-2015, 01:57 AM
It is with great pleasure that I report to the TA community that this fine game runs and looks great on iPhone 6+, under the proviso of a JB or other such enhancement.
Just thought I'd inform those that are interested.

12-18-2015, 02:20 AM
Wow! That's great to hear Talbs. We didn't originally envision it being played on an iPhone but after reading this we'll be sure to investigate adding official support for it

Variant Mode DLC now available for Reiner Knizia's The confrontation! (Introducing 18 new characters and 4 new special cards)

Home | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram
12-18-2015, 02:57 AM
No prob! The text in places is on the smaller side sometimes. Such as the quick description text when first click is done on a unit. But even that is passable. Stuff like that is something us ipad>iPhone conversionists mind little about. Really for the most part it looks exactly how it should on my 6+. Obviously can't speak for the smaller screens.

I've had a short go through and it's looking promising. Can't wait to sink my teeth in to some knizia strategy.
12-18-2015, 03:14 AM
Awesome! I've been waiting for this.
12-18-2015, 06:28 AM
Any impressions yet?
12-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Pretty interested. Waiting on some imps on solo. I'll play 90% of the time in solo mode.
Looks like it could be fantastic!

Last edited by mzinn; 12-18-2015 at 08:53 PM.
12-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Will definitely pick it up if it goes universal
12-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Too bad it didn't get to keep the Lord of the Rings theme but I'm still glad to have this in digital form at my beckon call.
12-19-2015, 03:56 AM
There is an unlock for "variant mode". Can I ask what is that? And how is it unlocked? Because it's greyed out for me currently.