★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple in Best New Games! From one of the most successful Mobile Game Kickstarter campaigns of the year comes Pixel Starships!

Available exclusively for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

Pixel Starships is the worlds first total spaceship management game in an 8bit massive online universe. In Pixel Starships, you command every aspect of your ship from construction to battles in a single persistent world.

Featured Reviews -

Touch Arcade - Pixel Starships tasks you with outfitting your very own ship with resource rooms, staff, and weapons. This looks Awesome!

MMGN - The graphics in this 8Bit indie game is the best we've seen in a retro style game for a long time

PocketTactics - Im intrigued by the cutaway side-view of the starship with turbolifts and transporters at the ready

TechTimes - The Worlds First 8-Bit Total Starship Management Game Hits The Online Universe

The Discovery Channel - A fully immersive starship captain experience.

Key Features -

Build Epic Starships of your own design.
Many races, aliens, factions to command and conquer.
Battle it out with other real players in a single massive online universe.
Manage diplomacy, recruitment, research, exploration!
Control ship's power and limited resources. Discover epic weapons.
Build and deploy support ships to support your Starfleet.
Cross section full ship control and battles.
Explore planets, discover secrets of space.
Form alliances and battle with your friends to achieve victory!
Program situational AI commands to systems and crew allowing automatic combats and offline play.

If you're a fan of Star Wars and Star Trek; if you enjoy games like EVE, Clash of Clans, FTL, or Homeworld, you'll love Pixel Starships!

Note -

Pixel Starships is totally free to play and is designed for perfect balance for all players. However, there are in-app items that can be purchased for real money to help speed up progress or offer cosmetic improvements. If you don't want this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings. As per Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, you must be at least 13 years of age to play or download Pixel Starships.

Boardumb's comments:

Pixel Starships : 8Bit Space Sim Strategy MMO RPG

Savy Soda
Genres: Games Entertainment Strategy Simulation
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
From one of the most successful Mobile Game Kickstarter campaigns of the year comes Pixel Starships!

Available exclusively for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

Pixel Starships is the worlds first total starship management game in an 8bit massive online universe. In Pixel Starships, you command every aspect of your ship from construction to battles in a single persistent world.

Featured Reviews -

PocketGamer - Pixel Starships will put 8-bit space strategy and crew management into an online universe

MMGN - The graphics in this 8Bit indie game is the best we've seen in a retro style game for a long time

PocketTactics - Im intrigued by the cutaway side-view of the starship with turbolifts and transporters at the ready

TechTimes - The Worlds First 8-Bit Total Starship Management Game Hits The Online Universe

Key Features -

● Build Epic Starships of your own design.
● Many races, aliens, factions.
● Battle it out with other real players in a single massive online universe.
● Manage diplomacy, recruitment, research, exploration!
● Control ship's power and limited resources. Discover epic weapons.
● Cross section full ship control and battles.
● Program situational AI commands to systems and crew allowing automatic combats and offline play.

Note -

Pixel Starships is totally free to play and is designed for perfect balance for all players. However, there are in-app items that can be purchased for real money to help speed up progress or offer cosmetic improvements. If you don't want this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings. As per Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, you must be at least 13 years of age to play or download Pixel Starships.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 36.1MB

12-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Worldwide launch is January 6th.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

12-18-2015, 03:19 PM
Oh man I'm excited for this! Will post imps later
12-18-2015, 04:43 PM
How's the freemium model? Aggressive? Tolerable? Are there timers? The game looks nice and interesting, hope the freemium model is customer friendly.
12-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Woah!! Cool!
Hope it's similar play to FTL for iPhones
12-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Australia and where else?
12-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Doesn't appear to be in Canada
12-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Let us know what you think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Den View Post
How's the freemium model? Aggressive? Tolerable? Are there timers? The game looks nice and interesting, hope the freemium model is customer friendly.
Thanks! Here i've posted a few more access codes for touch arcade fans.. single once off use only so it's first come first served. Just let us know what you think of the game would be awesome!

JTXLYP396NWE
FT9LN9ETERKX
R3NXM7T96HX7
PXPRML7WHL9T
R6FH7HJATAP6
H3E66ANPR4PN
PL7JPT4RALHE
ETEE9ANM4HK6
Y3XLP7RP9XMT
12-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Grabbed ETEE9ANM4HK6 will post imps soon! Thanks!
12-19-2015, 12:23 PM
First Impressions:
- There are A LOT of loading screens, every 2 or 3 times i load it up I get a very slow loading screen, in addition I'm crashing quite often on my iphone 5s which is even more annoying
- What each piece of the ship does isn't explained very well, what's the point of assigning people to certain rooms? I assume it makes the room go quicker but haven't really seen any difference. E.G. I put my highest level guys in my reactors and don't get any additional energy
- The limit on 'daily' missions (i guess in lieu of a timer, although you can't pay cash to reset it) is super annoying, I was pretty much stuck after 10-15 minutes of playing until I decided to blow all my starting cash on upgrades which I think is the correct move the ratio of bux > materials is very fair so it only cost me about 20 or so to upgrade my weapons/reactors/ship
- What's the point of all my starting energy going into what looks like an engine when I start the battle. It would be nice to assign your starting energy while the screen is loading rather than rushing to move everything around and getting destroyed, maybe even give you 30 seconds to see the inside of their ship (with the option to 'start battle') so you can plan a strategy
- Not really sure how the walls work, they don't seem to get destroyed when you attack the thing behind them but they just get ignored after a hit or two
- Because you only get 5-10 missions to start unless you PVP it's almost impossible to get enough resources to do anything, I assume you need to PVP but I got demolished on my first PVP and haven't gone back
- I don't understand why destroying one thing then shooting it kills the skip, you could in theory destroy a bedroom then shoot the ship 5 times and win when they still have reactors/weapons?
- Why do I need to wait ~30-60 seconds to 'search' for a battle even in the daily missions? I just had one start at 0/15 for a daily mission and just staring at the screen for a minute while it pans through space?!
- The size of the ships are way to small to fit everything, after upgrading to level 3 ship I have ~9 things I can't even fit on my ship, maybe this is the point? Do I even need an engine or a bridge?

Anyway it's kind of fun but a little confusing and the actual battles are quite complicated and hard, by the time i've allocated my energy and targeted im usually down one thing already

Last edited by warahyuu; 12-19-2015 at 12:26 PM.