★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: On sale today only for $1.99 (Normal price $3.99)

"One of the most gorgeous games in the app store"
"It looks like an Xbox One or PS4 Game"

Soar across the beautiful skies of the San Francisco bay area, Las Vegas, and Switzerland, in Flight Unlimited 2K16. Flight Unlimited utilizes advanced streaming technology to provide some of the best visuals in mobile gaming.

The HD scenery is a first in mobile flight simulation and covers an area over 10x larger than its predecessor. The scenery is so detailed you can even find your house.

The campaign tasks with you missions such as rescuing a prisoner from Alcatraz, B2 Bomber surveillance over the Swiss Alps, landing your Cessna on the Golden Gate Bridge, and more!

Over two years in the making, Flight Unlimited has been redesigned from the ground up. The flight model was developed by an aviation expert.

The game features Ultra high definition satellite imagery of the San Francisco Bay Area and Switzerland. Never before has this level of detail been provided in a mobile Flight Sim. Flight Unlimited is pushing the limits of graphics on mobile devices for aviation games.

Buzz the Golden Gate Bridge, take a fly-by of Alcatraz, scream past Levi Field, and even take a look at the future home of the world champion Golden State Warriors.

Features:
- Ultra HD Satellite Imagery covering over 500 SQ Miles.
- 4K HD Cockpits for each aircraft modeled from the ground up
- Campaign mode with GTA style missions
- The only mobile Flight Sim with Volumetric Clouds
- 24 Hour Day/Night Cycle
- Weather effects
- Trigger failures such as engine trouble and detached wings
- Landmarks such as Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, AT&T Park, Oracle Arena, and more
- 13 aircraft each modeled with accurate flight physics. New aircraft released weekly.

touchy85's comments:

Flight Unlimited 2K16

Flight Systems LLC
Genres: Games Entertainment Racing Simulation
$4.99 USD

Quote:
Soar across the beautiful skies of the San Francisco bay area in Flight Unlimited 2K16. Flight Unlimited utilizes advanced streaming technology to provide some of the best visuals in mobile gaming. The HD scenery is a first in mobile flight simulation and covers an area over 10x larger than its predecessor.

Over two years in the making, Flight Unlimited has been redesigned from the ground up

The game features Ultra high definition satellite imagery of the San Francisco Bay Area and Switzerland. Never before has this level of detail been provided in a mobile Flight Sim. Flight Unlimited is pushing the limits of graphics on mobile devices.

Buzz the Golden Gate Bridge, take a fly-by of Alcatraz, scream past Levi Field, and even take a look at the future home of the world champion Golden State Warriors.

Features:
- Ultra HD Satellite Imagery covering over 500 SQ Miles.
- 4K HD Cockpits for each aircraft modeled from the ground up
- The only mobile Flight Sim with Volumetric Clouds
- 24 Hour Day/Night Cycle
- Weather effects
- Trigger failures such as engine trouble and detached wings
- Landmarks such as Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, AT&T Park, Oracle Arena, and more
- 8 aircraft each modeled with accurate flight physics. New aircraft released weekly.

Coming in the next Updates:
- Missions - Can you rescue a prisoner from Alcatraz?
- New Planes
- New Flying Locations
- Flight Model Updates
- Air traffic
- New Failures

The Flight Unlimited team is dedicated to updating the game with new plane releases and features over the coming year.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 1.6GB

12-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Wow. New flight simulator I will give it a shot too.

iOS/Android GamePlay and Trailers Channel - I play games 24/7. Sleep is for the weak!

12-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
I'm all over this when I gets home.
12-21-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm guessing accelerometer controls? Not really a big fan of waving my ipad around in the air.
12-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Flight Unlimited 2K16 (Flight Systems LLC)

The long awaited sequel to Flight Unlimited Las Vegas is now available in the app store.

Last edited by flightunlimited; 12-21-2015 at 02:53 PM.
12-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
I'm guessing accelerometer controls? Not really a big fan of waving my ipad around in the air.
It's accelerometer based but it's pretty intuitive and easy to fly
12-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Wow this looks fantastic I'll give it to download when I get home as well
12-21-2015, 06:46 PM
This looks interesting. I'll wait for some imps. Seems well done!
12-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Waiting for imps, love these types of games so much.
12-21-2015, 08:20 PM
First thoughts

Just downloaded today, onto iPad pro. First thoughts, if they help at all:

- runway lights occasionally show through the plane model, which is a little strange.

- draw distance for the scenery seems short. I have the graphics set on the highest setting, but the landscape appears to end abruptly - this makes things look a bit odd. Fog effect makes it a bit less so.

- personally, I would prefer the "chase" view to have the camera position a little further back from the aircraft.

- on the plus side, reflections on the aircraft models, lighting effects, water etc look stunning!