★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ###
SALE: Get Chain Quest for 33% off for a limited time to celebrate the release of version 2.0!
###

--- RECEPTION ---

"When you can combine role-playing action with puzzles, this makes for a very interesting experience. Thats just what you get in Chain Quest, an addictive puzzle game with a nice twist of fantasy role-playing mechanics." - Jeff Byrnes (AppAdvice)

"I can see this being a game youll keep coming back to, I couldnt bring myself to stop playing it!" - Christopher Hannah (AppRecap)

"Combine the addictive nature of match three games with leveling up and battle. Thats right, you get an extremely addicting game called Chain Quest." - Ryan Poolos (Ray Wenderlich Reader's App Reviews)

--- ABOUT ---

Defeat your enemies and break all highscores in Chain Quest! Every fight is a thrilling puzzle of attack and defense. Level up your hero, unlock mighty skills and befriend frightening monsters.
Only if you master all your abilities you will have a chance to be one of the best in Chain Quest!
Can you become a champion of the chains?

Features

- Choose from three fearless heroes
- Defeat your enemies in an innovative puzzle fight system
- Earn experience and develop your hero as you like
- Unlock 50 unique skills and unleash them in the fight
- Collect different monsters and let them fight for you
- Set highscores and compete in global Game Center leaderboards
- Challenge your friends in local multiplayer
- Premium game: No in-app-purchases or hidden costs
- Universal app, play on your iPhone or iPad

sugimulm's comments:

Not sure if it's working, if not can someone post a link? $2.99
12-22-2015, 12:58 AM
Found this on the developer's site

http://youtu.be/DsqII1mYW5Y

12-22-2015, 03:16 AM
This needs more hype. It is very awesome.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
12-22-2015, 04:03 AM
Hi TA,
developer just checking in, I'm Adam from DevBats (Max and I made the game )

thanks for the thread and the kind words

We are a tiny studio, really just two guys, so this means a lot to us.
We hope you like the game, feel free to ask us any questions about it (or the studio) here or send us a mail: chainquest@devbats.com

Cheers,
Adam
12-23-2015, 02:34 AM
Just saw a news post about your game on AppAdvice. Very curious and may be interested in trying it out.

Does the game have a main campaign that has a beginning and an end? If so, how long is the campaign? Do you get to unlock everything by playing just the campaign? How much grinding is needed? What do you need to grind for to level up? After the campaign is done, is there an endless mode or some other game+ mode?

Are the battle entirely turn based? Or is there a realtime component to it (which I don't like)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDevBat View Post
Hi TA,
developer just checking in, I'm Adam from DevBats (Max and I made the game )

thanks for the thread and the kind words

We are a tiny studio, really just two guys, so this means a lot to us.
We hope you like the game, feel free to ask us any questions about it (or the studio) here or send us a mail: chainquest@devbats.com

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited by y2kmp3; 12-23-2015 at 02:37 AM.
12-23-2015, 04:45 AM
Hi y2kmp3,

here goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Does the game have a main campaign that has a beginning and an end?
The main game-mode is a rogue-like. You choose a character class, you level up, distribute attribute points, unlock skills and monsters.
If you want to play a quick burst of Chain Quest with a friend we have a local multiplayer mode. No set-up, just grab a friend and play.

Quote:
If so, how long is the campaign?
A typical playthrough can take anything between thirty minutes and two hours, depending on how well you play and of course how you designed your character's build.

Quote:
Do you get to unlock everything by playing just the campaign?
You will most likely need to play the main mode a good few times before seeing every skill.
Unlocked skills and monsters stay unlocked though, so each time you create a new character you can choose from all previously unlocked skills. More complex skills are unlocked later, so you will get to experiment quite a bit.

Quote:
How much grinding is needed? What do you need to grind for to level up?
There is no grinding, you get one level and one stat-point per battle won. Unlocking all the skills you need for the build of your choice might take a few runs though.

Quote:
After the campaign is done, is there an endless mode or some other game+ mode?
Well, seeing as the main game mode is a rogue-like I think this explains itself

Quote:
Are the battle entirely turn based? Or is there a realtime component to it (which I don't like)?
Entirely turn-based, you have all the time you need to make the best move.

I will be glad to answer any questions if something remains unclear

Edit: oh and I forgot to mention, there are no In-App-Purchases in case you feared that.

Last edited by aDevBat; 12-23-2015 at 04:50 AM.
12-27-2015, 09:18 AM
So any upgrade you do to your character is kept after each run? Like a snowball effect? Just trying to make sure I followed this correctly.

Thanks
12-28-2015, 03:49 AM
Hi aconfusedkender,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aconfusedkender View Post
So any upgrade you do to your character is kept after each run? Like a snowball effect? Just trying to make sure I followed this correctly.
There is no snowballing, individual characters have a max level of 20. After level 20 you stop gaining attribute points but will still unlock skills and companions.

When your character (eventually) dies new characters you create will start at level 1 (with base stats) allowing you to spend new attribute points on a different build.

Skills are unlocked based on total class levels.
For example if you played two mage characters with levels 15 and 20 respectively you will have gained access to mage skills (but not warrior or rogue) up to level 35.

Companions though will take into account all levels.
So if in addition to the two mages you had another warrior at level 10, you will be able to choose companions all the way up to level 45.

Hope my explanation made it clearer for you, it's quite easy once you see it in action, I promise

Cheers,
Adam
12-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aDevBat View Post
Hi aconfusedkender,

There is no snowballing, individual characters have a max level of 20. After level 20 you stop gaining attribute points but will still unlock skills and companions.

When your character (eventually) dies new characters you create will start at level 1 (with base stats) allowing you to spend new attribute points on a different build.

Skills are unlocked based on total class levels.
For example if you played two mage characters with levels 15 and 20 respectively you will have gained access to mage skills (but not warrior or rogue) up to level 35.

Companions though will take into account all levels.
So if in addition to the two mages you had another warrior at level 10, you will be able to choose companions all the way up to level 45.

Hope my explanation made it clearer for you, it's quite easy once you see it in action, I promise

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks Adam! I went ahead and bought it anyways after I sent that because I'm a match 3 fan and it looked fun. I'm having a blast so far. I'm playing the Rogue and I'm on Stage 14 right now. I'm glad that my exp will stay once I die. That's good news. I like how the chipwall fluctuates as the game progresses! Adds in some deeper strategy. Can't wait to unlock more skills and pets. So far it's a 5 star game for me. My wife was actually checking it out while I was playing and she looked interested as well, so you might have made a couple fans from Texas here. Good job bud!

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.

Last edited by aconfusedkender; 12-28-2015 at 11:40 AM.
12-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Looks good