★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 4mobile
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Horror Labs Trailer at YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt3j0XndW7A

Sample game review
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/cheap-shot-horror-labs

All contact has been lost with Crinkleton, a small town in the middle of nowhere. It would not be so disturbing except for two things:
1) there is a top secret genetic research facility in the town;
2) the secret agent we sent to examine the situation did not report back...

Now it is up to you, that is, Tom Atom, top secret special agent, to unravel the mysteries enshrouding the remote town of Crinkleton and return everything to its natural order...

- over a dozen large maps
- seven combat environments, including deserts, suburbs, downtown, offices, and underground laboratories
- more than 20 types of enemies, including several especially treacherous bosses
- seven types of weapons, RPG-like statistics
- shocking story, two mini-games, secret rooms and puzzles
- ...and last but not least the wisecracking Tom Atom himself to keep you entertained!

skyye06's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Huh, looks interesting. Anyone up to toftt?

10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
hmmm

not too shabby lookin... buy this... or wait for shrek to come out?

Playing right now: Dungeon Hunter
Most recently completed: Inkvaders
All time favorites: Minigore, Zombieville, Hybrid, Underworlds, Nombie, Stay, CozyQuest, Mass Effect Galaxy, Doom Resurrection, Kyzer, Moonlights, Racer.
10-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnithrope View Post
Huh, looks interesting. Anyone up to toftt?
I guess I could.

10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
This is pretty decent, actually. Not much to explain, it's your basic RPG style gameplay, but you're not the typical young hero fighting monsters with swords and magic, but a wisecracking dude with a gun that shoots stones.

Controls are touch activated and the character goes where you touch the screen. Enemies are also killed by touching them. Enemies drop HP which can be collected and used to level up. When you reach the next level you're given the choice to use you're points to upgrade your number of lives, speed, or weapons stats. That's about as deep as the RPG elements go, so far. I don't see any signs of armour or weapon or any kind of customization other than that previously mentioned. The game description states that there are other weapons in the game, but I've only played for a few minutes.

The dialogue is well written and witty. Right now I'm at some guy's house who has a lettuce fettish. There was also a Chuck Norris reference along the way. Story seems decent so far, but I'll reserve judgement after some more time with it.

In short, if your looking for something with a lot of depth and hours of gameplay, I'd say stay away. This most likely isn't Zenonia. However, if your looking for a fun RPG that isn't the same old formula, then you might wanna pick this up.
10-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Found a trailer at YouTube:

Looks cool
10-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipes View Post
Found a trailer at YouTube:

Looks cool
are you the dev, well I put it on my first post

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Pretty good so far. Slightly awkward controls and very combat heavy, but a fun little game for the asking price, with a good sense of humour and a vaguely intruiging storyline. I think this is likely to be one i'll see through to the end.
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree with the previous impressions, although I can't really state much that has already been said, I do want to say that I am enjoying this game, and find it very unique. The story is a bit interesting and humorous, and it is kind of like an RPG with different stats to increase every time you level.

10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Slightly more in depth impressions:

There are new weapons but they seem rare and so far have been necessary quest goals rather than optional things that you come across.

The game is quite linear- it's split into levels, which are sometimes quite open but always small (so far) and you can't move on to the next area till you complete your objectives.

I find the controls slightly awkward because you both tap to move and tap to attack, so if you slightly miss the enemy when tapping(for example if they move slightly) your character will move there rather than shooting them and therefore get injured by them.

Objectives are varied (fix a bridge, use gps to locate a weapon, discover the fate of your friend etc) but usually amount to little more than exploring and fighting.

It is not really an RPG, with only very rudimentary levelling and upgrades. It's more an adventure game.

Also given how little you seem to be able to level (eg you only seem to be able to put several points into each of the 4 stats) i assume it's going to be very short.

But if all my comments seem slightly negative i still stand by saying it's worth buying for the price if you're looking for a fun action/adventure game, just know what your getting into.

Last edited by Stranded87; 10-02-2009 at 12:01 PM.