Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
Also I'm curious to know how much investment the developer has in this game since I found a site that claimed this game was created in 5 days? That doesn't sound right does it?
this is utterly irrelevant. A photographer takes a picture in a fraction of a second. Does that mean they should only be able to sell their photos for a penny a piece? Of course not.

arn
Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post

Also I'm curious to know how much investment the developer has in this game since I found a site that claimed this game was created in 5 days? That doesn't sound right does it?
http://armorgames.com/play/4457/canabalt
play the game at canabalt.com and tell us if it still doesn't sound right, the game being created in 5 days, that is. Enjoy!

HINT: a game developed for months doesn't mean it's a good game.

Last edited by sic; 10-02-2009 at 02:42 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
this is utterly irrelevant. A photographer takes a picture in a fraction of a second. Does that mean they should only be able to sell their photos for a penny a piece? Of course not.

arn
These pricing discussions are utterly pointless. People should either buy the game or not. It's like they think they can shame the developer into lowering the price. Well, I, for one, am glad that Adam Atomic is sticking to his guns.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
These pricing discussions are utterly pointless. People should either buy the game or not. It's like they think they can shame the developer into lowering the price. Well, I, for one, am glad that Adam Atomic is sticking to his guns.
I for one am petitioning the developer to raise the price to $4.99, as I've already bought it.

arn
Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
I for one am petitioning the developer to raise the price to $4.99, as I've already bought it.

arn
Can I sign that petition, too?

In all seriousness, this game has so many sweet details, it's just a joy to play.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:

arn

Since I can play it for free online I would like to amend the petition so the price is 19.99

Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

http://twitter.com/arnoldkim/status/4548049907

Quote:
I ran 5740m before hitting a wall and tumbling to my death on my iPhone. http://www.canabalt.com/
Old 10-02-2009, 03:01 AM

I think that, taken out of context, the game is worth the price being asked. Easily. It's 1.79 for a fantastic game.

But then you have to bring in that pesky context - free web version, Run and Mr.AahH!! at 59p - and the price does start to look expensive. I'm willing to pay it, because Canabalt in my pocket is a beautiful thing to have, but I can easily understand why we're having this debate.

It's a great game - but you can get Mr.AahH!, Run and Skybound for the cost of this one game.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:

arn
You guys are right, of course. I don't know a thing about game development and I would have thought this process would have taken longer than 5 days. I stand corrected! My appologies!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 AM

The question that I am interested in (this thread may not be the best place for it but it still interests me) is why are those games 99c/59p? Why is Galcon Labs only 99c? Why is Flight Control only 99c?

(this implies that I think they should cost more, which is true, but it's obviously an open question)

ALSO thank you guys for all the feedback so far, this is definitely our most exciting launch to date! Eric and I will keep reading the thread, but I at least will not be able to respond much for the next 10 days or so, as I'm off on a family trip! When I return to civilization I will find out what the market decided I guess

ADVENTURES IN BUSINESS

Last edited by Adam Atomic; 10-02-2009 at 03:10 AM..