Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Another simple but addictive game Orbital is currently selling for the same price as Canabalt. I played the flash version and can see how one can kill the whole day playing it. I don't think that 2.99 USD/AUD3.99 is too much for a good game that you are going to spend many hours playing.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

If I personally was going to play this game for hours I would buy it right away, but I probably will spend as much time on it as I did with DoodleJump or Mr. Ahhhh! I doubt I've played either for longer than an hour.

Both great games, but the entertainment they provide is only 99 cents worth to me.

Of course if you are going to spend hours on it, then I can see why you'd want to pick this game up ASAP.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
If I personally was going to play this game for hours I would buy it right away, but I probably will spend as much time on it as I did with DoodleJump or Mr. Ahhhh! I doubt I've played either for longer than an hour.

Both great games, but the entertainment they provide is only 99 cents worth to me.

Of course if you are going to spend hours on it, then I can see why you'd want to pick this game up ASAP.
How many hours do you think you spent playing those games? Just curious.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Like I mentioned in my post I don't think I've played those two games for more than an hour each.

They're awesome 99 cent pick up and play games, if they had been any more expensive I think I would've passed on them. Plus I like those two games a bit more than I liked the web version of this game.

They're still on my iPod, but I haven't touched them in awhile.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I have yet to complain about the price on a game but there's no way this game is worth anything more than 99 cents, especially considering you can play it free at anytime on your PC.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jump On The Building is free.

Run! has more to it, and is cheaper...

Why would someone want to pick this up again? Is there something truly epic in here that I'm missing? (Played with the web version for a bit.) It's nice, but is it that nice?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
I don't think that 2.99 USD/AUD3.99 is too much for a good game that you are going to spend many hours playing.
I think "many hours" is overestimating the general consumer quite a lot. Most people are going to be playing in very short bursts... even the people who love stuff like "Run!" don't necessarily sit down and play for 2 hours.

...maybe some of the high scorers, but they're not your average gamer

Is there any difference at all between this version and the flash version?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM

There are a lot of games that have pretty close or even exact equivalents on PC. After all, a lot of iDevice games are ports of Flash versions (almost all of Donut Games games). Here you are paying for convenience of having it on a portable device.

Quote:
Thats exacly the point - what the game is worth to you. If you look at the amount of the content and the graphics - this game should be free. If you consider the amount of time you are going to spend on it then it may be worth it.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah... but the real point isn't what it's worth to individual people, it's what it's worth to the majority of people. Pretty sure most won't play for hours.

...and yeah, you're paying for the convenience of playing a free flash game on a portable device, which is why Bloons only charges $0.99
Old 10-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I think "many hours" is overestimating the general consumer quite a lot. Most people are going to be playing in very short bursts... even the people who love stuff like "Run!" don't necessarily sit down and play for 2 hours.
I didn't mean many hours in a row. All those minutes in a toilet, buses, trains, lunch breaks add up over time. No matter how many games people have, everyone has their favourites they tend to play in those spare moments. Like I said before, if you only consider the content, this game is not going to compare well to most other games with the same price tag.