Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 PM
iPad

#29 Top Game

Last edited by DaveMc99; 10-14-2009 at 07:37 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 PM

I can't think what "content" could be added to this game. Any addition to the gameplay would overcomplicate an oversimplified concept and any additions/changes to the graphics/settings would just take away from the setting of the game. Maybe add more stuff in the background as you go farther like the mothership you can see when you hit 4,000-5,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlock View Post
If sales drop off to the point where all the people willing to pay $3 have already purchased it, that just means it's time for a price drop and another wave of sales, which he'll almost certainly get the minute he decides to lower the price. People are still talking about the game, Apple's featuring it, etc. The price can change whenever he wants it to, that's kind of the whole point, no?
Considering the dev already mentioned (in this very thread) that he's not planning on doing a price drop burnout sale, I wouldn't count on it. The game sells itself at $3. Everyone with an iPhone or iPod Touch I know who's played the game on my phone immediately buys it.

Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 10-13-2009 at 11:59 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpungoMcGee View Post
Seems the market agrees.

Seems the market does agree.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 AM

This game is awesome. I can't wait until everyone is complaining that Geared 2 is $2.99 I hope Canabalt never drops in price.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 AM

omg didnt realise this game requires 3.1! cant play til i upgrade lulz
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Atomic View Post
If you're really torn on the $2.99 versus $0.99 issue, rest assured that the iPhone version will be getting new features while the Flash version will not...
Can you post here after you have submitted the update but before it gets approved? If you have added something I don't like and I update you have ruined the game for me. I like it as it is and updating is putting a lot of trust in you (as with all updates to all games) and I've been switched off a few games now where a game has "been improved" and yet for me it has taken away that "something" which made it fun. And please don't add "Post to twitter! MySpace! Facebook! Everywhere else on the next for cheap publicity".
Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
Can you post here after you have submitted the update but before it gets approved? If you have added something I don't like and I update you have ruined the game for me. I like it as it is and updating is putting a lot of trust in you (as with all updates to all games) and I've been switched off a few games now where a game has "been improved" and yet for me it has taken away that "something" which made it fun. And please don't add "Post to twitter! MySpace! Facebook! Everywhere else on the next for cheap publicity".
What if you just don't update the game on your device?

Last edited by bryanmitchell; 10-14-2009 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Too tired to figure out how to word what I wanted to ask.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
I think updates will be rad. Plus facebook integration will he cool as well.

Suggestions:

Sometimes when I get a new highscore I'm not near wifi so I can't submit to Twitter. Think you (the devs) could add a button for Twitter in the highscores tablet so I can submit my highest score then?

An option to go back to the menu when you die.

More types of buildings: slanted buildings; telephone lines (they could jiggle when you jump on them); multable platforms levels you can take, etc.

The ability to double jump?

Early in the game, when you jump into buildings make their enterances wider, but the farther you go, the less wide they become.

Achievements:
Tired: run for 1000 meters.
Exhausted: run for 5000 meters.
Runner: run for 10,000 meters.
Scared shitless: run for 50,000 meters.
Decomposed: (hide the way to get it) turn into a fine mist.
Jump, push, fall theory: (hide the way to get it) get to the next building without jumping.
Tripper: run into a succesion of 15 boxes without missing one.
Faster: gain 1,000 meters in 30 secs by running really fast (give or take something like that).
Blind as a bat: fall off a crumbling building without hitting the edge of the next building or having it fall before you reach the edge.
No bread crumbs for you: scare away 5 flocks of birds in one game.

BTW has the dev posted in this thread yet?

Last edited by p0rtalthinker101; 10-15-2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanmitchell View Post
What if you just don't update the game on your device?
Tried doing that? Apple don't want you to do that so they don't let you opt an app out. Looks like I'll be screwing around with backups then.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Tried doing that? Apple don't want you to do that so they don't let you opt an app out. Looks like I'll be screwing around with backups then.
I've done it plenty of times... go to the updates page, check each apps update notes, if they're good click "update" if they're not... don't.