App description: "Fantastic... Super-simple, pixel-perfect, great music and sound." - daringfireball.net
"Canabalt is pure genius." -necessarygames.com
Escape the destruction of your city with just one button! The game that popularized the infinite runner genre is back with new game modes and support for every dang phone and tablet thingy!

-------------------------

"This "daring escape" platformer is simply beautiful and beautifully simple." -Kotaku

"It's going to be quite some time before you find something so simple so thrilling again." -Offworld

"Canabalt is actually much more intense than you'd assume of a game which requires a single finger to play." -GameSpy

Play any of the 8 new game modes with one or two players, dash across rooftops with four different runners, or just chase that high score in the classic futile race for survival.

"It's all very lovely and full of poignant subtext. And awesomeness. Canabalt is a prime example of a simple idea executed extremely well." -JayIsGames

"I have never seen a concept so richly and successfully realized in such a simple yet stunningly complete form. Canabalt represents the power and potential of small independent games." -gameinmind.com

"Music is another component that is just perfect - it enhances the strange and unsettling setting of the game and also gives a sense of speed with a hint of hope that quick feet might be the salvation to the horror." -bartsnews.net

costanza's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

BTW, play the awesome free flash version here.
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Wow i just bought this and guess what I found?
3.1 REQUIREMENT

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Guys, if you really want to play the game on your idevice, buy it. If you think it's not worth the asking price, don't buy it. Don't pester the dev on pricing plans. If sales are good even at this price, why would any dev ever do a price drop? And if sales are bad, he'll lower it without being asked. Calling the dev a liar is not helpful and definitely very bad manners.

10-01-2009, 10:21 PM
a must have
10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
wow i just bought this and guess what i found?
3.1 requirement
shit #@%rew##r@ !
10-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I think this thread title should be changed. I'm in the U.S. and I just downloaded Canabalt, and it's still Oct 1st here.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
10-01-2009, 10:45 PM
can anyone tell me if there is anything to this game other than automatically running and tapping a button to jump? Are there any powerups, different backgrounds? Anything else?
10-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
can anyone tell me if there is anything to this game other than automatically running and tapping a button to jump? Are there any powerups, different backgrounds? Anything else?
Nope. Just running and jumping.

As simple as it is, there's something about it that's just awesome. I was hesitant to spend $2.99 on it, but after playing the flash version I was hooked.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
10-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Bought as soon as I could, well worth $2.99 even without expectations of more features. This is an indie developer to support!
10-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt Reynolds View Post
Nope. Just running and jumping.

As simple as it is, there's something about it that's just awesome. I was hesitant to spend $2.99 on it, but after playing the flash version I was hooked.
well I know the music is very good and the effects are cool, so its definitely strong in that department, but how long before that appeal wears off? For some a long time for some a few days I guess.
10-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Atomic View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for checking the game out (and double thanks if you picked up a copy!). Am going to continue following the "this should be 0.99 lol!!" discussion with interest. I think both sides are valid - yea, it's a replica of a free flash game. But then again, I made both versions! The iPhone version is a really easy way to support us and help us make more stuff like this (in Flash or otherwise) if you enjoyed it.

Anyways, all comments are appreciated, and we will be reading this thread!

EDIT - Also, as we did with Wurdle, we will be adding features and updates as we go. If you're really torn on the $2.99 versus $0.99 issue, rest assured that the iPhone version will be getting new features while the Flash version will not...
This changes things. I didn't realize you created both. I will be purchasing this to support you.