Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Man, didn't even notice it was out. Will download now and report back. I hope it's working properly again.

EDIT: Ahh, misread your post. I thought you meant a Canabalt update. I actually got an email from Eric a while back and he said the update/fix was almost done, so we should be seeing something soon. Anyway, as for iOS 4.1, no, no difference for 3GS users unfortunately.

Last edited by Ouisch; 09-14-2010 at 01:46 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 01:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
Man, didn't even notice it was out. Will download now and report back. I hope it's working properly again.

EDIT: Not seeing an update here yet.
There is no Canabalt update yet. Guise war referring to the iOS update to 4.1.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

@Ouisch:4.1 means iOS 4.1, not an update to Canabalt
Old 09-14-2010, 02:25 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

what happened
(these were taken in landscape with the home button on the right)
Old 09-14-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:

EDIT: Ahh, misread your post. I thought you meant a Canabalt update. I actually got an email from Eric a while back and he said the update/fix was almost done, so we should be seeing something soon. Anyway, as for iOS 4.1, no, no difference for 3GS users unfortunately.

Thanks for checking that--I figured as much. And sorry for the confusion about the 4.1. I should have been specific there.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Version 1.5 out now!

Can't wait to sync it. Praying this finally puts to bed the 3GS framerate issues.

EDIT: Well, I'll need some others to confirm (as my memory of how it used to run in the first place might be fading), but I don't see a difference in terms of the 3GS frame-rate.

I haven't had a chance to try deleting it and doing a fresh re-install. Hopefully that will make a difference (but admittedly, chances are slim).

Disappointing.

Last edited by Ouisch; 09-20-2010 at 06:50 PM..
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Version 1.5 out now!

Can't wait to sync it. Praying this finally puts to bed the 3GS framerate issues.

EDIT: Well, I'll need some others to confirm (as my memory of how it used to run in the first place might be fading), but I don't see a difference in terms of the 3GS frame-rate.

I haven't had a chance to try deleting it and doing a fresh re-install. Hopefully that will make a difference (but admittedly, chances are slim).

Disappointing.

Looks like it's time for a reinstall. I'll report back about frame-rate improvements (or lack thereof). Hopefully at least the audio is working properly?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Looks like it's time for a reinstall. I'll report back about frame-rate improvements (or lack thereof). Hopefully at least the audio is working properly?
Audio seemed to be working properly (but I didn't mess around with it or anything). Just played a few rounds and it seemed to be just as choppy as it was before.

And yeah, please report back and let us know how the frame rate is after a re-install.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Audio seemed to be working properly (but I didn't mess around with it or anything). Just played a few rounds and it seemed to be just as choppy as it was before.

And yeah, please report back and let us know how the frame rate is after a re-install.

OK, so after downloading and testing the game, deleting and restarting my phone, then re-downloading and restarting the phone again...

I think you're right. While the audio options are finally working properly, the visuals seem as choppy and unsatisfying as when iOS 4.0 was released. The choppiness is especially evident when jumping and running into boxes. Disappointing, to say the least.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
OK, so after downloading and testing the game, deleting and restarting my phone, then re-downloading and restarting the phone again...

I think you're right. While the audio options are finally working properly, the visuals seem as choppy and unsatisfying as when iOS 4.0 was released. The choppiness is especially evident when jumping and running into boxes. Disappointing, to say the least.
Yeah, I deleted/re-installed myself, and I totally agree. I don't notice any change in the frame rate at all. Still gets basically unplayable when it speeds up.

I hate to say it, but it might be time to put Canabalt out to pasture.