★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Prairie Chute 1.5 : "Back in Action" is LIVE!

10-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Prairie Chute 1.5 : "Back in Action" is LIVE!

Hello all! We are pleased to announce that the second update to Prairie Chute is now LIVE on the App Store. This version incorporates many features and additions suggested by the TA community. We are also currently offering the game for FREE! Get it quick because it won't be free for long.

Here is a rundown of key new features:

→ Awards: Over 20 achievements from the hilarious to the tedious, these new challenges will have something for every type of player to shoot for while dropping dogs! Earn Agon PocketScores for each Award!

→ Extra Lives: Collect stars to earn extra lives so you can keep that streak alive. You can earn up to 2 extra lives per game (3 stars for each).

→ Star Leaderboard: Don't stop collecting those stars after you earn your extra lives! A new leaderboard tracks all stars you have collected for each difficulty level.

→ Special diving suit for pro players who unlock the "King Ripcord" Award. This also unlocks a couple of new landing sounds for the dog while wearing the suit!

→ New dog voices for landing, extra lives and more!

→ Tilt Control Enhancements: Medium and Fast tilt settings now increase the speed of the dog reaction as well as velocity.

→ Various bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Screenshots from the upcoming 1.5:

Here is a sampling of some of the Awards locked in the game:

We want to especially thank forum members Pluto6 and jasonsmith for participating in our beta program... their testing and ideas have been invaluable for helping us get this update out the door.

GET IT NOW HERE:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324616043&mt=8

Thanks,
Matt
10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
this game is a lot of fun and with the new features it should be awesomer

to tell the truth i kill him a lot because it looks like hes wearing giant kanye west glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey146 View Post

to tell the truth i kill him a lot because it looks like hes wearing giant kanye west glasses
Haha... I promise he doesn't jump up on stage while the coyote is howling
10-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey146 View Post

I love the animations of Wally dying - yeah I gave the dog a name - - his death animations are great. I have probably more time logged in death runs, then in successful runs..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I love the animations of Wally dying - yeah I gave the dog a name - - his death animations are great. I have probably more time logged in death runs, then in successful runs..
Hmmm... that might be useful for one of the Awards... hint... hint
10-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Cliffs and the "Top Dog" banner...

Good fun (and I couldn't beat the price).

It did take me a while, however, to realize that the cliffs on the side of the screen are actually BEHIND our falling hero. I played my first several games assuming I had to avoid bumping into said cliffs!

Something I'd like to see in a future update, if feasible, is a modification of the "Top Dog" banner along the top of the Main Menu. I think these top scores would mean a lot more if they pulled from the top values of the difficulty just played. As it stands one needs to log into Open Feint to see their best scores by difficulty level. Those amazing scores I made in Easy mean nothing to me as I'm playing Hard.

If any easier how about just having the "Top Dog" banner cycle through the three difficulty levels' top scores every few seconds?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Good fun (and I couldn't beat the price).

It did take me a while, however, to realize that the cliffs on the side of the screen are actually BEHIND our falling hero. I played my first several games assuming I had to avoid bumping into said cliffs!

Something I'd like to see in a future update, if feasible, is a modification of the "Top Dog" banner along the top of the Main Menu. I think these top scores would mean a lot more if they pulled from the top values of the difficulty just played. As it stands one needs to log into Open Feint to see their best scores by difficulty level. Those amazing scores I made in Easy mean nothing to me as I'm playing Hard.

If any easier how about just having the "Top Dog" banner cycle through the three difficulty levels' top scores every few seconds?
Hey LordGek... great suggestion (I am adding some way to cycle your top scores per difficulty level to the 1.6 docket!). The Top Dog banner is actually a relic left from 1.0 before the Agon network was added. A simple green/yellow/red (E,M,H) toggle button near the graphic would solve this request I believe.

I am also looking at a couple of new "how to play" setups that would give people some more detailed instructions (as you said active areas are on the top of objects like cliffs/cactus... so avoid the top then move over them).

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Matt
10-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Oh cool, I'll be sure to give it a try. Seems like I missed something here
10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tochan View Post
Oh cool, I'll be sure to give it a try. Seems like I missed something here
Missed what?
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.johnson.mobile View Post
I am also looking at a couple of new "how to play" setups that would give people some more detailed instructions (as you said active areas are on the top of objects like cliffs/cactus... so avoid the top then move over them).

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Matt
Oh, even more new stuff, so the only dangerous part of the cactus is the very top? So does this mean once the top of Mr. Dog's head passes the tip of the cactus I'm free to shift my guy right over the rest of the cactus?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews