★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puzzle Panel! (w/ PROMO CODES!)

10-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Puzzle Panel! (w/ PROMO CODES!)

Puzzle Panel is the ultimate iPhone and iPod Touch puzzle experience! Compelling, addictive gameplay and beautiful digitally painted artwork will undoubtedly make Puzzle Panel one of your most played games.

Puzzle Panel is easy to learn, but difficult to master. Slide blocks into rows and columns of similar colors to create chains and combos. Think quickly, though - more blocks are always entering the screen from the bottom, pushing the playing field upwards. If the blocks touch the top of the screen, it's game over!

Features
  • Unique, addictive gameplay designed specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch.
  • Adjustable starting speed so you can tune the difficulty to your liking.
  • 3 different gameplay modes - arcade (unlimited), puzzle and time trial.
  • 6 animated backgrounds to play on.
  • 60 puzzle levels to challenge your mental agility!
  • Online and offline rankings - compete locally, against your country or even globally!
  • Beautiful digitally painted artwork.
  • Listen to your own music while you play!

Visit http://puzzlepanel.net for trailers and more information.

Here are a few promo codes. If you use one, please post which one you used.

NLLM4K67H7X9
FEHATR3LF7R3
M9JTH6NFAY6H
X3RXTFYHF393
H3R4TMWWE6ME

Puzzle Panel is AVAILABLE NOW on the app store!

Edit: The codes above are apparently all used up, so here are 5 more. PLEASE post something if you use one so people know which have been used. Also if you do download the game with a promo code, an honest review would be much appreciated.

P4X66AWRKR6K
JME93JHAFLYY
KTJEKWEX3NJP
4L64W99FXMAN
3RNXYK9NA7A9

Last edited by lindgrenM; 10-02-2009 at 02:59 AM.
10-01-2009, 10:08 PM
X3RXTFYHF393. Thank you!

10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I was a beta tester for this game - it is extremely fun and addictive. If you have ever played Puzzle League or Puzzle de Pon you will be familiar with the mechanics! Its a blast!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 10-01-2009 at 11:56 PM.
10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
All gone. I might buy this though. It really does look/sound like a Puzzle League variant. How are the controls? I figure it's the same old tap one block and swipe it either left or right. Should be pretty hard to mess that one up. Does it have any good music?
10-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mumbles View Post
All gone. I might buy this though. It really does look/sound like a Puzzle League variant. How are the controls? I figure it's the same old tap one block and swipe it either left or right. Should be pretty hard to mess that one up. Does it have any good music?
Controls are just swiping blocks. Totally with ease mind you. Great graphics, vivid colors and yeah good sounds! I would definitely pick it up - its a steal at the price.
10-02-2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks NEG

There are sound effects, but no music (at least for now), unfortunately. The game does have built-in controls so you can change your iPod playback settings while playing, though.

The controls are pretty much as you assumed - hold a block and swipe it left or right. I'll get a live gameplay video up soon here so everyone can get a better idea of how it works... I just need to find some way to keep my camera in one place, as I don't own a tripod.

Edit: I'm happy that people are showing an interest in the game, so I've added 5 additional promo codes to the original post. Thanks everyone!

Also I've just realized that I posted this thread in the wrong forum. My apologies - as you can tell I'm new to Touch Arcade. Could a mod please move it?

Last edited by lindgrenM; 10-02-2009 at 03:01 AM.
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Picked up 3RNXYK9NA7A9. Only played a little bit, but it's definitely a very enjoyable Puzzle League knock-off. It may not be quite as polished as the latter yet for a one-man game I shouldn't knock it. I was surprised that I was able to slide blocks across gaps. It sure makes the game a bit easier. The lack of music is not a real drawback, since I do tend to play my own music when playing such games.

There's just one thing that needs real improvement right now: advancing lines upwards. It takes a pretty hefty shake to accomplish that, and I find that very off-putting. I would much prefer it if there was a button for it instead, say on the bottom left and right of the playfield? I'd imagine it should be pretty easy to add that, maybe as an option in the main menu. Just a thought.

Haven't played enough yet to leave a real review, but I will leave one in the app store when I think I've had sufficient time with the game. Overall, it's quite nicely done from my brief experience.

Last edited by Mister Mumbles; 10-02-2009 at 01:04 PM.
10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Used KTJEKWEX3NJP

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-02-2009, 01:17 PM
thank you, snagged JME93JHAFLYY
10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Wow, P4X66AWRKR6K was still available. The game looks and sounds fun. Will review.