★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BECOME THE ULTIMATE BATTLECASTER
The ever powerful Kaos has opened a rift into a mysterious world known as the Second Dimension. In this realm, he has dispatched the most infamous villains from Skylands in an attempt to finally destroy the Skylanders. Standard rules and conventional forms of battle do not apply in this dimension, so the Skylanders must use new powers, abilities, and tactics to defeat the villains and ultimately stop Kaos!

With all of its Elemental Realms captured, a new breed of hero is needed to lead the Skylanders and save the Second Dimension from being conquered by Kaos. Its up to you to become a champion Battlecaster by collecting battle cards, building the ultimate team, and bringing them to life in epic battles never before seen!

BUILD AN UNBEATABLE COLLECTION OF CARDS
· Collect all 300 Character, Spell, Gear and Relic cards
· Devise unique strategies by building decks that combine three Skylanders and take them into battle
· Battle with your favorite Skylanders Character cards
· Cast powerful Spell cards to smite foes on the field of battle
· Equip Gear cards to boost your Skylanders
· Change the rules of the game with mysterious Relic Cards
· Level up each card to make your deck truly unstoppable

BATTLE KAOS AND HIS EVIL MINIONS IN THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN
· Fight your way through over 64 missions across eight elemental islands to defeat Kaos and save Skylands from his legion of EVIL
· Complete challenges on each mission to earn more rewards
· Embark on daily quests to earn rewards

CRUSH THE COMPETITION IN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
· Challenge Battlecasters from around the globe in online PvP
· Earn bonus rewards as you strive to become the Ultimate Battlecaster

BRING THE SKYLANDERS TO LIFE IN A WHOLE NEW WAY
· Expand your gameplay experience with physical Battlecast cards now available at your local Skylanders retailer*
· For the first time ever, you can scan physical Battlecast cards and play with your Skylanders through Augmented Reality
· Import physical cards into the game to build your digital collection

*Physical cards are not required to play Skylanders® Battlecast

Please note: iPhone® 4S and iPod® touch (5th generation) are not supported.

Eli's comments:

Skylanders Battlecast

Activision Publishing, Inc.
Genres: Games Entertainment Card Strategy
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Skylanders® Battlecast requires iPad® Air, iPad® Air 2, iPad® mini 2, iPad® mini 3, iPad® 3, iPad® 4, iPhone® 5, iPhone® 5s, iPhone® 5C, iPhone® 6, iPhone® 6s, or iPhone® 6 Plus. iOS 8.0 or later is required.

Please note: iPad® 2, iPad® mini, iPhone® 4S, and iPod® Touch (5th generation) are not supported.

The ever powerful Kaos has opened a rift into a mysterious world known as the Second Dimension. In this realm, he has dispatched the most infamous villains from Skylands in an attempt to finally destroy the Skylanders. Standard rules and conventional forms of battle do not apply in this dimension, so the Skylanders must use new powers, abilities, and tactics to defeat the villains and ultimately stop Kaos!

With all of its Elemental Realms captured, a new breed of hero is needed to lead the Skylanders and save the Second Dimension from being conquered by Kaos. It’s up to you to become a champion Battlecaster by collecting battle cards, building the ultimate team, and bringing them to life in epic battles never before seen!

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 408.8MB

01-06-2016, 02:09 PM
I can't play the game. I'm on the main menu (without menu) and nothing happens. There's only a Settings button

01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Pretty sure this game is almost unplayable without the physical cards if anyone was wondering don't have a nz account so waiting for an actual response from a person though who can play it
01-06-2016, 03:09 PM
I finished the tutorial. Looks fun. It's a Skylander Hearthstone with daily quests to earn gold and buy boosters. I had to close the app several times because the main menu didn't appear
01-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigghurt View Post
Pretty sure this game is almost unplayable without the physical cards if anyone was wondering don't have a nz account so waiting for an actual response from a person though who can play it
You get 3 free Skylanders just for completing the tutorial, then there's two more you can get here- https://www.skylanders.com/video-gam...ers-battlecast

You don't actually have to print them out, just pointing my device at my computer screen worked fine. The scanning functionality is surprisingly cool.
01-06-2016, 04:20 PM

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

01-06-2016, 05:38 PM
So its a reskin of that battlehands game? Not even a reskin, it has the same art style.
01-06-2016, 08:19 PM

Enoyed it a lot. Definitely one of the better Skylander Mobile Games
01-07-2016, 06:24 AM
OK, this game bloated to 2 GB on my already almost full device, which I forgave because I love card games and I like the art on this one. It took over 5 minutes for its initial 113 game downloads. Fast forward to this morning. Im writing this while waiting for it to download 113 whatevers AGAIN...I hope this is resolved before the WW launch because this is going to be deleted soon if it doesn't get fixed. Which I hope it does because I like it and it's a fun game.

Last edited by PBSNellie; 01-07-2016 at 07:07 AM.
05-24-2016, 03:23 PM
This is out now.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA