★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An Upcyclepunk Postimperial Curio.

A curio for some or a right old puzzle for others, make no mistake.
Some say: some folk actually managed to bake a loaf of bread using this confounded contraption... but that is rumoured to be just a rumour.

There's no pressure... relax, ponder, prod, clank, crank, pull, push, watch... ponder more....sleep on it maybe... come back to it...ponder.

Along with the intriguing artwork there is the challenging puzzle with the ultimate objective of baking a loaf, but you can enjoy solving easier mile stones along the way like: ordering some grain, starting the mill, then milling yourself some flour, with this huge fully functional contraption. Look for clues written on the equipment, listen to the sound scape, and fathom the interconnections. Once you have solved the puzzle of how to bake a loaf then the simulator aspect of the game becomes apparent: you have to get the ingredients, mixing, proving and baking just right if you want to aspire to bake the perfect loaf. Your baking efforts are judged right at the end of the process... whether they be good, or bad.

Extras: for a Hints and Tips page (including "How-to" videos) or a super detailed TraptionBakery poster click on the "Jonathan Prestidge Web Site" link below.

"Is it steampunk?", some would ask. Well there is no steam and it is a contemporary contraption, but it is bigger scale than your modern new-fangled machines so you can see what does what with your very own eyes like in the good old days...
and it's tech that repurposes, reuses, and recycles, welcome to: "Upcyclepunk".

(Warning: some drawings are slightly macabre/morbid)

Eli's comments:

TraptionBakery

Jonathan Prestidge
Genres: Games Simulation Puzzle
$3.99 USD

Quote:
An Upcyclepunk Postimperial Curio.

A curio for some or a right old puzzle for others, make no mistake.
Some say: some folk actually managed to bake a loaf of bread using this confounded contraption... but that is roumoured to be just a roumour.

There's no pressure... relax, ponder, prod, clank, crank, pull, push, watch... ponder more.

"Is it steampunk?", some would ask. Well there is no steam and it is a contemporary contraption, but it is bigger scale than your modern
new-fangled machines so you can see what does what with your very own eyes like in the good old days...
and it's tech that repurposes, reuses, and recycles, welcome to: "Upcyclepunk".

(Warning: some drawings are slightly macabre/morbid)

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 9.2

Download Size: 37.2MB

01-07-2016, 01:15 AM
Easily the most interesting game this week. Yet there's no video or imps of any kind.

01-07-2016, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer1st View Post
Easily the most interesting game this week. Yet there's no video or imps of any kind.
Not surprising with the vague app description, title that looks LikeThis and 2 App Store screenshots.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-07-2016, 04:27 AM
It desperately needs a video of some sorts. This is just too weird to just jump in for 3,99. But I am intrigued, it looks kind of cool.
01-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Yes, definitely. If Dev is out there, looks intriguing, but with nothing but the screenshots to go from, it's going to be a tough sell. A bit of insight will probably get a good return.
01-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Agree with everyone above. You've got my attention but can't jump on it with only the screenshots.
A vid would help tremendously.
01-07-2016, 11:33 AM
I'd buy this if I could be sure we're able to interact with these sketches and make things happen, to work out what the machine does or to make it do something...

However I have a horrible feeling it's just a collection of drawings you can browse and view.
01-07-2016, 11:34 AM
This cold be one of the best games out this week, or a piece of crap. I'm tempted to toftt, but won't have any iFunds until next week.
01-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Ok, since there was nothing else this week that interested me, I did not buy my Dunkin Donuts coffee this morning and bought this instead...so it starts off by showing you a framed picture of the game board with no prompts or menus to access...pinch and zoom the picture brings you into the game....think of a Rube Goldberg contraption that you need to get running....as you swipe around board, you will find a small ruleset at the upper left corner, which you need to zoom in even more to read, which in the end is not much help....there are many levers and buttons around which are not active..you need to zoom in at the correct level to see some of these triggers turn blue which then can be activated. Activate a switch and see what happens...sometimes the board turns purple which I presume means I did something correctly...there are some temperature and time dials which, again, you need to zoom in on to read the settings...tweaking these may result in some animation but did I do it right? I have no flipping clue.....confused by my prose? Well that is because I am confused......I will tinker with this from time to time but it is not maintaing my interest for long play sessions...worth $3.99? At first blush, no, but perhaps someone with more wits than I will find this puzzle more entertaining....

Last edited by JP Falcon; 01-07-2016 at 12:23 PM.
01-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Thanks for TOFTT JP. Looking forward more impressions from you and, possibly others.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy