★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Space Goats are attacking!

Grab your Fighter and encounter endless enemies in thrilling dogfights.
Collect scrap metal in the endless space to upgrade your ship!
Strategically use your special attacks and fight back!

Good luck soldier!

saig's comments:
Space Goats : Fighter
Universal App (free)
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/spacegoat-fighter/id1069638220?mt=8
------
Space Goats are attacking!

Grab your Fighter and encounter endless enemies in thrilling dogfights.
Collect scrap metal in the endless space to upgrade your ship!
Strategically use your special attacks and fight back!

Good luck soldier!
----

01-06-2016, 05:10 PM
There's just so much wrong with this game.

First of all, you start the game with zero lives and no recharge system. This means that you HAVE to watch a video each time before you play.

The biggest problem is that the controls are terrible. The ship does basically follow your finger, but the entire world seems to slide around away from it, making it near impossible to dodge bullets or aim accurately.

There are numerous gameplay annoyances as well, like how the enemy ships, their bullets, and the coins you collect are all the same color.

01-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
There's just so much wrong with this game.

First of all, you start the game with zero lives and no recharge system. This means that you HAVE to watch a video each time before you play.

The biggest problem is that the controls are terrible. The ship does basically follow your finger, but the entire world seems to slide around away from it, making it near impossible to dodge bullets or aim accurately.

There are numerous gameplay annoyances as well, like how the enemy ships, their bullets, and the coins you collect are all the same color.
Yep, this could be a real gem.

The minimum would be (top) relative touch controls and different colors of the shots to start with.

I started the game with ten lives. Each try costs one. Now, a few hours later, i'm back to ten lives again. Although i have an ad-blocker on, i see a banner on the bottom, but only on the upgrade screen.

Oh, and Gamecenter!!!
An endless fighter/game with a highscore but no GC...won't hold anyones attention for too long, i guess.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 01-06-2016 at 05:45 PM.
01-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks for the feedback!

I will change the color of the enemy bullets in the next update.
The coins are kind of parts of the destroyed enemy so the got to stay in that color ... and they are way smaller ... but i get that one could mistake them with their bullets.

Relativ touch controls are coming as an optional control scheme

Tighter Game Center integration, currently you are only seeing your friends highscores in the Game over screen will add a global ladder!

@strivemind Starting with 0 lives is as bug ... sorry for that ... will investigate this ... but you should get one fighter/live every hour!! could you give me feedback on that?
01-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Glad to hear about the update. It will go a long way to making the game enjoyable.

I was playing on an iPad 3 running iOS 7.1.2. When launching the game, it started at zero lives. One life was added after watching a video, and it returned to zero after dying. There was no visible timers, and it just seems to stay at zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saig View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

I will change the color of the enemy bullets in the next update.
The coins are kind of parts of the destroyed enemy so the got to stay in that color ... and they are way smaller ... but i get that one could mistake them with their bullets.

Relativ touch controls are coming as an optional control scheme

Tighter Game Center integration, currently you are only seeing your friends highscores in the Game over screen will add a global ladder!

@strivemind Starting with 0 lives is as bug ... sorry for that ... will investigate this ... but you should get one fighter/live every hour!! could you give me feedback on that?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Ah, hello Dev!

I just wanted to edit my post above, but since you're here...

GC log-in is showing when opening the app, and yeah, it shows only me after dying. But there is also no score/board to be seen on the GC app directly.

Nice to here about an update and to be honest, until then, there is nothing more to say about your possible great little sleeper. Sorry, it simply is no fun with these controls and the shots (usually good seen red-ish colored in a shmup). Btw, some more differently colored ships would't hurt either. Maybe in an other update...

There is no iap for anything and only a banner and a video option to double the coins at the end (no continue option seen).
So there is no chance for me to support you, once the game could get enjoyable...

A nit-picking point is the name under the icon:
SpaceGoat... Searching the app store (SpaceGoat btw) shows me your game without Fighter needed.

One life per hour is...cough cough...wow

Last edited by Qwertz555; 01-07-2016 at 10:01 AM.
01-07-2016, 02:43 PM
I would love to play this but GC isn't working!!!
01-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
have you tried opening GC outside of the app first?
If you have a blank white screen in the gc app for a long time (like me once) try restart your phone/tablet one or two times worked for me ...
it sees that this is a Apple problem (i read this in the apple dev forums)
01-07-2016, 03:26 PM
I can't get it started without Game Center either.
My Game Center hasn't worked in months. Any way to play this without it?
01-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saig View Post
have you tried opening GC outside of the app first?
If you have a blank white screen in the gc app for a long time (like me once) try restart your phone/tablet one or two times worked for me ...
it sees that this is a Apple problem (i read this in the apple dev forums)
I've tried everything! Can't get it to start up.