★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE SEQUEL TO THE AWARD-WINNING TOWER DEFENSE GAME OF THE YEAR

Meet the latest game in the legendary Prime Word: Defenders series, a unique combination of the Tower Defense and Collectible Card Game genres with more than 5 million players around the globe!

Enter a mysterious land stricken by a vast cataclysm and now thriving with powerful artifacts and immense treasures guarded by furious monsters. Build up your defenses and brace for the assault!

KEY FEATURES:

- Collect all 40 unique towers and 20 deadly spells!
- Customize your collection with Runes to create the ultimate defense!
- Use them to crush Underground, Intelligent, Swarming, Exploding, Phantom, Corpse-eating, and 20 other monster types and 29 unique bosses!
- Fight with other players to pump up your towers into monster-slaughtering war machines!
- Used to good weather? Well then, can your defenses survive night levels, tornadoes, and meteor storms?!

Awesome 3D graphics, immersive environments, Totems, Anomalies, Hunts, Raids, Assaults, and the rule-them-all Hard Mode button! Try the game now and join the struggle for Prime!
Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PrimeWorldDefenders

Recommended devices: iPhone 5 & higher, iPad 3 and iPad mini 2 & higher, iPad Pro.

Note: A network connection is required to play

touchy85's comments:

Defenders 2

NIVAL, INC.
Genres: Games Action Strategy Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
THE SEQUEL TO THE AWARD-WINNING TOWER DEFENSE GAME OF THE YEAR

Meet the latest game in the legendary Prime Word: Defenders series, a unique combination of the Tower Defense and Collectible Card Game genres with more than 5 million players around the globe!

Enter a mysterious land stricken by a vast cataclysm and now thriving with powerful artifacts and immense treasures guarded by furious monsters. Build up your defenses and brace for the assault!

KEY FEATURES:

- Collect all 40 unique towers and 20 deadly spells!
- Customize your collection with Runes to create the ultimate defense!
- Use them to crush Underground, Intelligent, Swarming, Exploding, Phantom, Corpse-eating, and 20 other monster types and 29 unique bosses!
- Fight with other players to pump up your towers into monster-slaughtering war machines!
- Used to good weather? Well then, can your defenses survive night levels, tornadoes, and meteor storms?!

Awesome 3D graphics, immersive environments, Totems, Anomalies, Hunts, Raids, Assaults, and the rule-them-all Hard Mode button! Try the game now and join the struggle for Prime!
Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PrimeWorldDefenders

Recommended devices: iPhone 5 & higher, iPad 3 and iPad mini 2 & higher.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 346.6MB

01-06-2016, 12:53 PM

It's been a while since I've played a TD game, maybe that's why I'm enjoying this more than I expected. It's a pretty generic TD game with great graphics, it adds a card mechanic. You can level your towers by buying new cards, not super deep but there's a lot of content.

01-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Oh snap!

The first defenders was beast! I totally loved the OG style defence gameplay. Along with the turbo'd visuals and card mechanics! Super excited to play this after work.

Lots of nice new year releases it seems.
01-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Gonna give it a try. Looks fun.
01-06-2016, 07:47 PM

Turned out pretty solid also there are here and there still rough edges that could have been better (Story!).

Also I kinda missed a couple of times to replay the Levels in a harder Difficult Level and was afterwards forced to pay with Krones to be able to replay those which kinda didn`t made any sense at all to me when I had already played them once.
01-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Quite good, but the online only really makes me don't want to play...

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
01-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
Quite good, but the online only really makes me don't want to play...
That's really a bummer. I seem to remember Defenders 1 being an offline game but I guess this is the new trend unfortunately..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar
01-06-2016, 10:31 PM
The graphics are awesome!
01-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Only online? Any paywall
01-07-2016, 03:23 AM
I didn't know this was coming. The first one was by far my favorite TD. A bit bummed that it's not premium, but that's what it is. What's worse is that my connection while commuting is crap, so I might not even be able to play it on the go. :/