★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

List of Card Battle Games?

10-02-2009, 08:17 AM
List of Card Battle Games?

Ive played Towerlandt, but id prefer a game where you can make your own deck... I only know of Orions & Soul Card Master, but havent tried either.

Can someone post a list of card battle games which allow you build a custom deck, along with a quick impression/recommendation... Also, single player mode is mainly how ill play, but online multiplayer definately a plus. Thanks!
10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I would be interested in a good card battling game too. It would be awesome if someone got Magic the Gathering working on the iPhone similar to this PSP version:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81757

10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor rickso View Post
Ive played Towerlandt, but id prefer a game where you can make your own deck... I only know of Orions & Soul Card Master, but havent tried either.

Can someone post a list of card battle games which allow you build a custom deck, along with a quick impression/recommendation... Also, single player mode is mainly how ill play, but online multiplayer definately a plus. Thanks!
While I can't vouch for the game as I haven't played it yet, but Soul Card Master is really your best bet at this point (that is unless it sucks).

From what I've heard it sounds like a pretty simplified Yu-Gi-Oh, no clue if the AI is any good.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Orions is absolutely incredible. Every game is always different, it is my doodle jump!
10-02-2009, 08:28 PM
As nerdy as this may sound, I just want Yu-Gi-Oh on the appstore. Sure, the fad is completely dead it seems but I have always enjoyed the game. If it were completely separate from the show (Like Eternal Duelist Soul except for the character appearances) and had some online capabilities. That game would make a killing. Until then, I bought Orions and enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a fun game, but I have a hard time getting into the campaign mode and usually find myself just doing a quick free duel against the computer.

Btw, anyone around here still remember Duel Masters? That was a pretty fun game back when it was still popular. Too bad I was the only one I knew with any cards lol,

Last edited by Somerandomdude; 10-02-2009 at 08:30 PM.
10-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
As nerdy as this may sound, I just want Yu-Gi-Oh on the appstore. Sure, the fad is completely dead it seems but I have always enjoyed the game. If it were completely separate from the show (Like Eternal Duelist Soul except for the character appearances) and had some online capabilities. That game would make a killing. Until then, I bought Orions and enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a fun game, but I have a hard time getting into the campaign mode and usually find myself just doing a quick free duel against the computer.

Btw, anyone around here still remember Duel Masters? That was a pretty fun game back when it was still popular. Too bad I was the only one I knew with any cards lol,
Ahhh Yugioh... I won six tournaments when they allowed 2 raizas in a deck. My deck was all about returning cards to the top of your deck, and monarchs... so basicly i would destroy magic and trap with frost monarch, attack, next turn tribute for raiza, return another card on your side of the field to the top of deck, attack, tribute for caius remove a dark monster out of play on my side of the field so you would take 1000 dmg, attack... rince and repeat, beat everyone with this deck, along with 3 compulsories (return monarchs to my hand or return one of thiers to keep field open) and alot of magic destruction... It was fun. I also had 3 giant germs and nimble momongas (2 special summons = one for sacrifice), so that I could get more monsters from my deck... later I added synchos and tuners so that I could actually get some out... I added krebons and jutte fighter, and maurading captain so i could easily get a 7 star (black rose) or sacrifice for monarch then get an 8 star (stardust) or a 5 star with marauding and krebons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestOne7
shut up, ho
Like my Reviews, check them out at: PocketFullofApps
Latest Review: HYBRID: Eternal Whisper

Last edited by fenrir911; 10-03-2009 at 12:38 AM.
10-03-2009, 02:35 AM
StrongHold ?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Strongholds

Strongholds is a decent "card battler" in some regards. Overall it's a great turn-based strategy game and uses a card motif as the way to do things. However, the down side is that there is no customization and the cards you draw during game play are completely random.

Don't get me wrong, since figuring out Strongholds it's quickly risen to one of my most played games on the platform, however it is NOT a CCG and multiplayer is only available via Bluetooth (a mistake IMHO).

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
StrongHold ?
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
If elementsthegame ever gets ported from flash since Adobe is gonna release that toolkit then I'd buy it for $10 easily. Like Quorlan mentions in this thread.
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I like Strongholds. I'm just getting into it now and wonder why I never heard of it. I actually heard of it for the first time in this thread.

I played Orions for a while and had lots of fun. I got sick of it though because there just aren't enough cards and the deck is not what I prefer (you can have 50 of the same card with no consequences). Also, it got annoying constructing buildings. I'd have to click on every single castle area, go into them, then construct stuff. I'd rather I could do it all 50 times quicker. Plus multiplayer would've been nice.

Fantasy Adventures, from the video, looks very bad at this stage.

Why aren't the card games placed in the card game category? As far as I can see, they're in strategy.

Update: Soul Card Master is actually pretty fun. I've been playing it for a week now and enjoy it.

Last edited by Bochu; 10-24-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update