★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Command the gods of Olympus as they battle through ancient Greece against fortified cities and hundreds of combat units. Control every second of the action as the gods rampage through the cities of your enemies. Build a mighty empire worthy of the gods.

Full Combat Control
Take full control of the legendary Greek gods in real-time combat. Master an innovative combat system that puts you in command of towering gods as they tear through enemy defenses. Employ strategy and brutality as you unleash the devastating powers of Zeus, Athena, Ares, Aphrodite, Apollo, Artemis, and Hades. More gods will be added soon!

Real-Time Cooperative Play
Rush into battle to aid your allies and fight alongside them in live cooperative play! Help them defend their city from attacks or join them in laying waste to your enemies.

No Build Times
All buildings and upgrades are completed instantly -- never wait for a build timer! Instantly buy and sell buildings, reinventing your city at any time. Explore a huge variety of city layouts and defensive strategies.

Unique Reward System
Never lose your hard-earned wealth! The gods reward both skillful attacks as well as clever, effective defenses. Claim your fortune in the battlefield, thanks to a game economy that rewards action, boldness, and combat.

FEATURES

Full control of the legendary Greek gods in real-time combat.
Real-time cooperative play -- help an ally defend their city or attack another empire.
Defend your city from attacks as they happen in real-time
Construct buildings instantly -- no waiting!
Each god commands multiple unique combat powers
Build a powerful city protected by massive armies and an array of defensive towers.
Spar with yourself or alliance members to test their might.
Get rewarded both for defending well AND for attacking well.
Expand into new areas to create a vast empire.
Battle for the fate of Ancient Greece in an epic single-player campaign based on Greek mythology.

--- NOTE ---
This game requires an internet connection to play and offers in-app purchases. Requires iOS 8 or higher.

Owly's comments:

Aegis Interactive
Genres: Games Strategy Action Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Command the gods of Olympus as they battle through ancient Greece against fortified cities and hundreds of combat units. Control every second of the action as the gods rampage through the cities of your enemies. Build a mighty empire worthy of the gods.

Full Combat Control
Take full control of the legendary Greek gods in real-time combat. Master an innovative combat system that puts you in command of towering gods as they tear through enemy defenses. Employ strategy and brutality as you unleash the devastating powers of Zeus, Athena, Ares, Aphrodite, Apollo, and Artemis. More gods will be added soon!

Real-Time Cooperative Play
Rush into battle to aid your allies and fight alongside them in live cooperative play! Help them defend their city from attacks or join them in laying waste to your enemies.

No Build Times
All buildings and upgrades are completed instantly -- never wait for a build timer! Instantly buy and sell buildings, reinventing your city at any time. Explore a huge variety of city layouts and defensive strategies.

Unique Reward System
Never lose your hard-earned wealth! The gods reward both skillful attacks as well as clever, effective defenses. Claim your fortune in the battlefield, thanks to a game economy that rewards action, boldness, and combat.

FEATURES

● Full control of the legendary Greek gods in real-time combat.
● Real-time cooperative play -- help an ally defend their city or attack another empire.
● Defend your city from attacks as they happen in real-time
● Construct buildings instantly -- no waiting!
● Each god commands multiple unique combat powers
● Build a powerful city protected by massive armies and an array of defensive towers.
● Spar with yourself or alliance members to test their might.
● Get rewarded both for defending well AND for attacking well.
● Expand into new areas to create a vast empire.
● Battle for the fate of Ancient Greece in an epic single-player campaign based on Greek mythology.

--- NOTE ---
This game requires an internet connection to play and offers in-app purchases. Requires iOS 8 or higher.

Follow us on Facebook
Check out our videos and trailers on Youtube

01-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Okay, so I might be tempted to try this... I usually avoid CoC-type games only because they are all about attacking other players to steal their stuff which doesn't particularly appeal to me, however the following two comments do intrigue me about this one:

"All buildings and upgrades are completed instantly -- never wait for a build timer!"
"Never lose your hard-earned wealth! The gods reward both skillful attacks as well as clever, effective
defenses."

No-timers and not losing wealth, and being rewarded for defense - I like the sound of it, might have to try and test it out and see if it's really different from so many others like it.

01-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Wrath, yes! You never lose your wealth, instead you always continue making forward progress. We wanted the pull of the game to be about getting bigger and stronger and not about the fear of losing what you have build.

I expect that there will be a lot of knee jerk reactions to assume this is a clone because unfortunately there have been so many. But if you play this even for a brief period, you will find that there are more differences than any similarities to other build and battle games. This is NOT a clone of anything and I can confidently say you haven't played anything like this on mobile. I hope you can come back and help spread the word so its not just me ranting and raving like a lunatic.
01-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Better than clash of clans. I like it
01-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Thanks Techzamazing, I tend to agree but of course I am biased. :P

I wanted to post some of these tutorial videos. They do a better job of explaining some of the key features better than the marketing videos.

01-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Great news!! Gods of Olympus if featured on the appstore under best new games.
01-08-2016, 06:44 AM
There appears to also be a single player campaign you can complete. While it's too early for me to really make an opinion it does seem to stand out of the crowd.

Edit - I should add that the thing I hate most is the Gods of Ol... Of how it appears on the home screen.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 01-08-2016 at 06:47 AM.
01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
I only get 'Sorry this battle is no longer available'. I've played 30 minutes earlier succesfully
01-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Why does the single player campaign requires an internet connection? I dream of playing this game on the go since I like to travel a lot
01-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianb View Post
I only get 'Sorry this battle is no longer available'. I've played 30 minutes earlier succesfully
Still doesn't work Keeps searching and it always ends up with that error message. Already restarted my device..