★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Unbalanced: FotB is here!

10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Unbalanced: FotB is here!

Unbalanced: Fall of the Blorbs (Unbalanced 3.0) is now available in the iTunes App Store for $0.99!

This game, while appearing to be a completely new game, is actually an update to our game that has been available for a couple of months now. I listened to the feedback we received and ending up rewriting most of the game. The most noticeable difference is the new artwork, which has been completely overhauled. Other features include:

- OpenFeint Enabled
- Online global scoreboard
- Achievement System Unlock Feint Points by attempting difficult feats!
- Real-time chat with players from around the world.
- Post unlocked achievements to your Facebook or Twitter account.
- Listen to your iPod music while playing the game.

Any feedback is welcome, so please consider taking the time to pick it up.
10-02-2009, 09:10 AM
looks really good i just may buy it

10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
first impressions: its ok. the graphics are really good but the gameplay isnt tooo great.
i think the game would benefit more if it worked like this http://notdoppler.com/superstacker2.php

i know other games do this and i think your trying to be original, but the above gameplay is just more fun IMO
10-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I will forward you comments on to the team and we will try to figure out a few ways to make it more fun. Again, thanks!
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapDevotion View Post
Unbalanced: Fall of the Blorbs (Unbalanced 3.0) is now available in the iTunes App Store for $0.99!

This game, while appearing to be a completely new game, is actually an update to our game that has been available for a couple of months now. I listened to the feedback we received and ending up rewriting most of the game. The most noticeable difference is the new artwork, which has been completely overhauled. Other features include:

- OpenFeint Enabled
- Online global scoreboard
- Achievement System Unlock Feint Points by attempting difficult feats!
- Real-time chat with players from around the world.
- Post unlocked achievements to your Facebook or Twitter account.
- Listen to your iPod music while playing the game.

Any feedback is welcome, so please consider taking the time to pick it up.
While I wouldn't dare suggest you try to make your game a clone of Stay, one of my favorite aspect of Stay was its many "Special" blocks that would expand, shrink, explode, etc. Just having different sizes is a good start but if some of these guys had unique behaviors it would add a lot, I think. Some ideas that come to mind (its easy when YOU aren't the one having to figure out how to code it) a spazzy guy that likes to occasionally hop up and down or perhaps another that suffers little tremors/shivers every once in a while that might disrupt your other carefully balanced blocks?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapDevotion View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I will forward you comments on to the team and we will try to figure out a few ways to make it more fun. Again, thanks!
just glad you guys are listening to your customers! i love when devs do that
10-02-2009, 10:07 AM
The game looks and sounds good, esp. with the new graphics and Open Feint
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Trying to decide between this game and Stay ........... Can anyone who has played both comment ?
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
While I wouldn't dare suggest you try to make your game a clone of Stay, one of my favorite aspect of Stay was its many "Special" blocks that would expand, shrink, explode, etc. Just having different sizes is a good start but if some of these guys had unique behaviors it would add a lot, I think. Some ideas that come to mind (its easy when YOU aren't the one having to figure out how to code it) a spazzy guy that likes to occasionally hop up and down or perhaps another that suffers little tremors/shivers every once in a while that might disrupt your other carefully balanced blocks?
Fantastic idea, I think something like this will definitely make it into the next update - thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming guys!
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I just thought I'd post a quick impression; I like the game so far. However I've noticed comparatively, I'm easier to please than some. The game runs smooth and the graphics get an A+. I've not had enough time for an extensive review, but I can see where some might say more varying blocks might be a good addition.

Open Feint is nicely integrated and I just think it's a nice game. Not to mention, the dev completely re-coded the graphics based on TA user feedback, I'd say the game holds a bright future.