★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vertical Divide - A number puzzle game (BETA TESTING)

01-09-2016, 05:24 AM
Vertical Divide - A number puzzle game (BETA TESTING)

Hi, I'm Emmet Morris. I previously made the game 'Gleamer', and I'm now getting ready to release a new game called 'Vertical Divide'. It's a falling number block puzzle game (think drop7), but where you have to divide numbers to remove blocks from the game board. First I'll introduce the game, and then there is beta testing information below.

Here is the trailer:

And here are some images that explain the game in a simple way (click for larger):

**BETA INFORMATION**

I'm about to run an open beta through TestFlight before I get ready to release it. The beta is open to anyone with an iOS device running iOS 6.0 or later. If you would like to participate, please sign up on my website: http://www.emmetmorris.com/vertical-divide-beta

I would also appreciate any like and follows on the facebook and twitter accounts for the game:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/verticaldivide/
Twitter: @VerticalDivide

If you have any questions, please ask.

Twitter: @emmetmorris
Mail: emorrisgames@gmail.com
01-09-2016, 05:31 AM
Signed up. Looks like 2048, but a little bit more challenging

01-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Thanks. Still looking for a few more. Anyone interested?

01-09-2016, 11:58 PM
Really good idea, nice clean minimalist look.
Would you consider making a mode where you don't create larger numbers by putting blue tiles next to each other?i know that's part of the challenge, but man I suck at math lol.
01-10-2016, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Really good idea, nice clean minimalist look.
Would you consider making a mode where you don't create larger numbers by putting blue tiles next to each other?i know that's part of the challenge, but man I suck at math lol.
I hadn't thought to do that, but yeah it could be an option to look at in an update. I think it's also still really possible to play without making larger numbers too. I sometimes go through rounds just doing single digit divisions.

Last edited by emorrisgames; 01-10-2016 at 02:06 AM.
01-10-2016, 05:56 AM
Here is an in-game shot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CYWiAwlUkAA_TXm.png
Views:	12
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	98236  

01-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Actually I'm always trying to avoid the larger numbers
01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorrisgames View Post
I hadn't thought to do that, but yeah it could be an option to look at in an update. I think it's also still really possible to play without making larger numbers too. I sometimes go through rounds just doing single digit divisions.
I try and avoid making larger numbers but at some point it seems inevitable. It certainly brushes up my brain on division

Not to be picky but have you considered color theme options for the blocks and backgrounds?
This is a really good game.
01-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I try and avoid making larger numbers but at some point it seems inevitable. It certainly brushes up my brain on division

Not to be picky but have you considered color theme options for the blocks and backgrounds?
This is a really good game.
I had considered different color themes. It wouldn't make it into release version, but anything is possible for updates. Any particular theme you were thinking of?

01-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Really looking forward to this! Regarding themes, adding a Night Mode/Dark Mode would be awesome and appreciated (assuming it's not a pain to add). Either way, I'm excited to play.