★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sunburn! on sale from 2.99 to FREE

01-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Sunburn! on sale from 2.99 to FREE

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sunburn!/id932468632?mt=8

01-11-2016, 12:25 AM
No brainier instant

01-11-2016, 01:08 AM
So glad i paid for this game! The devs deserve support for such a masterpiece.
01-11-2016, 10:13 PM
Decided to get this since tis free, and... Holy shirts, is the premise really dark.
01-12-2016, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan187 View Post
So glad i paid for this game! The devs deserve support for such a masterpiece.
True dat!
01-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Back in 2013 I used to spend a lot in games. I used to buy games I was interested in and I used to waste a lot of money with games I didn't like.

I downloaded this game now for free and I didn't really like. I don't think I'll keep playing, so I'm glad I didn't buy. I love to support devs, but I hate to spend money buying a game I don't like and I won't play. Even if it is a 99c game.

I wish I could try games before buying. I wish games like this have a free test version.
01-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Back in 2013 I used to spend a lot in games. I used to buy games I was interested in and I used to waste a lot of money with games I didn't like.

I downloaded this game now for free and I didn't really like. I don't think I'll keep playing, so I'm glad I didn't buy. I love to support devs, but I hate to spend money buying a game I don't like and I won't play. Even if it is a 99c game.

I wish I could try games before buying. I wish games like this have a free test version.
Back in 1993 I was still a kid and got 1/week pocket money. Every now and then there would be a game I really liked the look of on the computer game stall at the local market.

If I was lucky it'd be reviewed in a games magazine I had (which cost about 3), otherwise I'd be reliant on box art and MAYBE a screenshot on the back of the box to make my decision.

I'd save for 3 months and hopefully they'd still have it in stock. Then I'd buy it and find that actually, I don't like it or it's so difficult I can't get past the first level.

Now I live in a world where games like this, every bit the equal of many of my favourite games back then, are available for under 2 despite the fact that most other things cost twice what they did in 1993. There are Internet review sites, user reviews, Youtube videos we can watch and gaming forums to find out more before we buy.

By all means research your purchases more carefully and don't buy games if you don't have time to olay them. But don't say that spending 99c without a free trial is too risky.
01-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
By all means research your purchases more carefully and don't buy games if you don't have time to olay them. But don't say that spending 99c without a free trial is too risky.
Quote of the day.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Its not a matter of time, it's a matter of spending money to buy games only to find out I don't like it and delete it. By the way, I live in Brazil and a 99c game costs me more than $4 and I have been having to save as much money as I can.

Don't game me wrong, I'm not saying I wish every game was freemium so I could play them "for free". I strongly want to support developers and I wish I could support all the good developers. I pay $20 in a game smiling as long as I like it, but I don't like to pay even 99c in a game to delete half hour later. I've deleted Sunburn already, so I would regret if I had spent $3 ($12 in Brazil) to buy it.

I'm only saying that nowadays (2016, not 1993, big difference) I would prefer to try games before buying. I think I would buy more games and play more games this way.

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 01-12-2016 at 02:48 PM.
01-12-2016, 03:07 PM
I can't comment on Brazilian App Store pricing, but I think that part of the fun of buying a new game is never really knowing if this is going to be the one that really grabs you. Sure there is a risk sometimes to buying games, especially novel ones like this where it's harder to draw direct comparisons to other games in the genre, but we've never really had it so good.

I also think trial and unlock does a disservice to many games. It encourages games to front load the experience to wow people early on, rather than doing things at their own pace. Don't get me wrong, I play plenty of free games and download games on sale or temporarily free, and have found some gems that way, but I'm glad that there are still games that ask for cash up front and ask you to take a bit of a gamble, even if the risk is lower than it's ever been. To me, that's part if the magic.

Anyway, even if it wasn't for you, I'm glad you got to try this game and I'm glad there are still devs making and releasing stuff like this.