★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Google play better than App Store IMO

01-11-2016, 05:58 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,516
Google play better than App Store IMO

I've had a galaxy tab for over a year and never cared to look at the google play store until this week.
I noticed way more games and better prices.
The amount of games for my favorite genre is crazy.
I feel as if I've been missing out for quite awhile.
Now if I really like a game I will , in the future, purchase it on both devices.
Even some of the games I like are even free compared to $5 on Apple.
Also a noticed a few of them are even updated more..
Also it could be my excitement that I'm feeling this way right now because I just discovered it but this is how I fee at the moment.
Also it has more suitable games that are for your liking and games they think you will like based on previous games. Apple has this but are never games I would ever play and half of them aren't even related to others I've tried

Last edited by Jayg2015; 01-11-2016 at 06:14 PM.
01-12-2016, 12:37 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
I've had a galaxy tab for over a year and never cared to look at the google play store until this week.
I noticed way more games and better prices.
The amount of games for my favorite genre is crazy.
I feel as if I've been missing out for quite awhile.
Now if I really like a game I will , in the future, purchase it on both devices.
Even some of the games I like are even free compared to $5 on Apple.
Also a noticed a few of them are even updated more..
Also it could be my excitement that I'm feeling this way right now because I just discovered it but this is how I fee at the moment.
Also it has more suitable games that are for your liking and games they think you will like based on previous games. Apple has this but are never games I would ever play and half of them aren't even related to others I've tried
I stArted to use it, and it has better free games
Now all we need is infinity blade in playstore

01-12-2016, 01:44 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,404
Its been a few years now that I've been into both platforms. I prefer word or card games mostly but with some exceptions that are purchased from the Google Store that's played on the Nexus 7. Mostly I stay with iOS because of my genre of game preferences and the use of the larger screen on the iPad. But sometimes I want a particular game on a smaller screen and look to the Google Store (or even one saved for later play). So I do appreciate using both as each has their own strength and weaknesses.
01-12-2016, 03:08 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: U.S.A., earth
Posts: 209
I used to stick with iOS for games b/c my IpT is a gaming device, while my Galaxy s2/4 are my workhorses that makes calls, internet, GPS, etc. Recently, I've purchased some games for And instead on account of them being surprisingly cheaper, although if cheaper on iOS, I still do that.

In one case, with Galaxy Trucker, I figured the game would play and look better, and be less cramped on the gs4's 5" screen, rather than the IpT5's 4" screen that's very narrow (the game plays in portrait mode"
01-13-2016, 09:10 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 718
I had the opposite impression about a year ago. Itunes had more free games, and prices were generally better. Maybe its different now.
01-17-2016, 05:37 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,516
Every time I go to google play store it always has cheaper games and more titles for my fav genre
01-17-2016, 07:00 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Every time I go to google play store it always has cheaper games and more titles for my fav genre
Lol quite the opposite for me, everything more expensive and way less AAA games .
01-18-2016, 09:30 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2015
Location: France
Posts: 23
It's much easier to find content on iOs, we see more new stuff. On Google Play we always see the same games

--Working is about passion & fun--
01-18-2016, 01:29 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjFDC View Post
It's much easier to find content on iOs, we see more new stuff. On Google Play we always see the same games
For me this is one of the biggest issues! I'm into both Android and IOS and this is the most frustrating thing! You look up a title in the App Store and it comes right up at the top. In the Playstore you look up a title, and so many times you gotta scroll a hundred games down to even find it! I HATE that! Why can't they fix that? There's a lot more to be had there but they make you dig, dig, dig to find anything! Would be a game-changer for sure if you ask me! 😉
01-18-2016, 02:30 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 339
There is really no excuse for how bad the Google Play store is about not displaying new releases or its tendency to bring the crappiest games to the top. There is a lot of good content there but it is difficult to find.

Android tablets have finally matured to the point that I have switched back to one and couldn't be happier from a hardware standpoint. However, the "discovery" process of finding things new is simply terrible.

I think the overall design of the play store is perfectly fine and better than the AppStore in some ways. It is how they select the top results in their various categories that seems baffling to me. I will say that the search is much better on the Play store but this is Google so that is as you'd expect.