★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chaotic Box
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3.9
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: An App Store Classic! Pinch 'n Pop! is a new breed of frantic free-form color matching fun that challenges both your wits and dexterity. Push, flick, and squeeze the self-replicating Squirms to keep their population under control and maximize your score with color chains and well-timed powerup bursts.

"This is an easy recommendation for any arcade fan. Pinch it!" - 148Apps (4.5 out of 5) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

"By far one of the more original and creative games that Ive run across." - What's On iPhone (4.5 out of 5)

"Extremely easy to pick up and play, and a lot of fun at that!" - TouchGen (4 out of 5)

Visit http://chaoticbox.com for more fun :)

ChaoticBox's comments:
Pinch 'n Pop! (App Store Link) is closing in on its 1 year anniversary on the App Store and I've decided to celebrate by dropping the price to FREE for the weekend! (Beginning tonight at midnight EST).

Over the past year Pinch 'n Pop! was featured by Apple in the "New & Noteworthy" section, and more recently on the "What's Hot" lists in the World and Europe regions. The Pinch 'n Pop! icon can be seen in at least two iPhone television ads (one, two) and on other Apple promotional material such as WWDC 2009 banners (one, two) and the App Store Turns 1 artwork.

All in all it's been an interesting and enlightening year, and I'll have my second game (and third app) submitted to Apple in the near future. Watch my blog and Twitter feed for more info on the new game and other upcoming projects.

Cheers and enjoy!

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-02-2009, 03:23 PM
looks really nice, thanks man!

10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Thank you Frank - I will be sure to look out for this, and get it. Looks like some frantic game play.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Any global high scores ? (openfeint ? ) or planned ?
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Any global high scores ? (openfeint ? ) or planned ?
It has a basic global high score system that shows the top 10 in normal and hard modes, and your best position if it's in the top 1000. It also saves the top 10 local scores in all skill modes.

I'm considering OpenFeint or AGON for future games and may integrate one of those into Pinch 'n Pop! at some point as well.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I still contend Pinch 'n Pop is one of those games I WANT to like! The concept is clever, the design is great, but the main pinching mechanic I find incredibly frustrating and hand cramping.

I can't wait for any future developments from you, Frank, as you clearly have the chops to make a very polished and clever game but I certainly hope it will be easier on my hands (not a huge fan of any multi-touch games, I guess).

Just adding my $0.02.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Looking forward to giving it a try tonight.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
10-02-2009, 07:31 PM
looking forward to snagging it tomorrow!
10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
OK - I flipped the freebie switch - please give the App Store some time to sync up...

@LordGek - After similar complaints I tried to make things less painful (literally ) by "loosening" the controls to the point where you can now fling stuff together rather than having to pinch and hold. With some practice you can even use 2 thumbs in landscape mode, though admittedly it'd be difficult to beat the high scores playing that way. I've learned my lesson though, and my upcoming game uses the accelerometer with occasional single-finger taps - for the pinching impaired

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
10-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Its synced-up already

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG