★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Instant fantasy adventure, which is represented by an endless sequence of alive cards.
You are running away from a high-level monster. Your health is decreasing quickly after meeting face-to-face with him.
When you see next object on your way, either USE it or ATTACK it!

- Simple mechanics: swipe left to use, swipe right to attack.
- You get XP for correct actions. More correct actions in a row - more XP! Your accuracy defines high score. Bring it to the test!
- Enhance equipment with useful magic effects - there are plenty of ways to set new high score.

Eli's comments:

Mobs & Potions

Sergei Kvetkin
Genres: Games Arcade Adventure Entertainment
Free

Quote:
Instant fantasy adventure, which is represented by an endless sequence of alive cards.
You are running away from a high-level monster. Your health is decreasing quickly after meeting face-to-face with him.
When you see next object on your way, either USE it or ATTACK it!

- Simple mechanics: swipe left to use, swipe right to attack.
- You get EXP for correct actions. More correct actions in a row - more EXP! Your accuracy defines high score. Bring it to the test!
- Enhance equipment with useful magic effects - plenty of ways to set new high score.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 76.4MB

01-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Love this game! Fast paced and addictive. I would love a remov ads purchase as I mentioned in my App Store review there are violent shooting game ads and my kids love this I would rather they not watch those ads though
01-13-2016, 12:32 PM
might try this,looks different
01-14-2016, 11:18 PM
Pretty game. Love the art and animations on each card.

What is experience for? It doesn't appear to do anything in terms of leveling up, better equipment.

The cost of rings & temporary enchantments seem pricey.

Nice job overall, unique take on rogue-like.
01-16-2016, 08:40 AM
Hello, everybody!

@Repulsa

I've seen your review and I'm glad I found this thread so I can answer you.

Foremost, thank you for the first review of my game ever! I'm happy that you like it! I understand your problem with kids and mature ads content.

Indeed, it's a best practice to remove ads with any IAP:
- if IAPs are present in the game.
- if ads give nothing to player but they only take away his precious time or occupy place on the screen.

On the first paragraph.

Although I know what I could offer to players of my game via IAP, I don't want to include any IAPs at this time because IAPs could scare people away from downloading the game. People could think that they wouldn't make any progress in a free game without making use of additional in-game paid features. Unfortunately, there are well-known examples which created this attitude about IAP.

On the second paragraph.

Ads in M&P are not that ads which sit constantly in the bottom of the screen neither they are that ads which pop up at random moments. I use ads carefully, in a smart way.

Ads in M&P are rewarded ads. They don't interrupt player's interaction with game. Actually, only player could call ads to get some bonuses if he has picked up Crystal Ball.
For those players who would like to get bonuses, ads play a role of visions in Crystal Ball. There is a message: "Scientists use crystal balls to observe events in parallel universes". What else could be a parallel universe to a game's universe, if not other games' universes, right? After the ad video sweet little message appears which describes hypothetical hero's experience with Crystal Ball, like this: "On your last breath, you dropped the crystal ball. Its base shattered, and coins spilled out – it was someone's hiding place". So there is not messages that say "Watch ad to get coins". Instead, there is a Crystal Ball object, which is in harmony with game's context And, of course, player can just sell Crystal Ball without ads->bonuses stuff. So not only commercials fit nicely in game's context, but If player fundamentally don't like ads in games, he will be completely safe from falling out from game's set even in words.
Everyone is happy.

One thing that I forgot to do is to make some dialog that explains what "USE Crystal Ball" button means when player taps it for the first time. There is a sign of video on that button, but... anyway. I fixed this in the update, which will be available in a couple of days, I hope.

I don't think it makes sense to turn off rewarded ads with IAP. It's in the core of the game. Not technically, but the game was designed to be free with rewarded ads. Why? Well, while I am only at the beginning on my career as an independent game developer, nobody would buy my first game even for a $0.99. So in order to get some attention it should be free because free game is no brainer to download. Rewarded ads give me an opportunity to make my game free. I believe that this is the best way to go for me at this time.

Turning off rewarded ads also may ruin coins value and prices balance if coins become too easy to get via instant Crystal Ball Reward.

The above explained why my game uses rewarded ads.
Regarding the fact that your kids play this game. Hmmm... Maybe I should add a parent-control option that allows to turn off Crystal Ball Card completely? I'll think about it, but I promise nothing.

Thank you again! I hope that I didn't disappoint you.

@dukat111

Thank you!
As for the prices, I still work on balance. Coins must be valuable and the game always should offer something for the player to spend coins for.
Experience is nothing more than a score. The game depicts big action RPG games in a quick scene, so... it's "experience" just to make another reference to RPG genre

Last edited by QuentinIvanhoe; 01-16-2016 at 10:45 AM.