★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **** tinyBuild publisher sale! Get the cult-hit Punch Club for $0.99 instead of $4.99! Promotion runs until August 21st. *****

"A fun, addictive, and challenging fighting simulation RPG" 9/10 - AppAdvice

"Must be experienced by gamers far and wide" 9/10 - HardcoreGamer

"A rich and rewarding fight sim that gives you plenty to do, and makes sure you have fun while you're doing it" 9/10 - PocketGamer

"Punch Club is pretty awesome" 9/10 - TouchArcade

About Punch Club:

Your father was brutally murdered before your eyes. Now you must train hard, eat chicken and punch dudes in the face to earn your place in the Punch Club ranks, and discover who ended your father's life.

Punch Club is a boxing tycoon management game with multiple branching story lines. Your goal is clear, but how you get there depends on whether you want to legitimately climb the rankings, or take the more ridiculous, shady route.

Along the way you'll want to focus your talents. Will you take the Way of the Tiger, the Way of the Turtle, or the Way of the [other one?]? Your strength, accuracy and agility all depends on whichever Way enlightens your path. Do you have stripes, or flippers?

And every decision will matter, especially in your social life. You'll be juggling friendships, love life, work, recreational time, relationships, and possible stardom, all alongside your gym time and fighting aligators. It's not all just pumping iron, you know.

- Boxing management sim with RPG and tycoon elements
- Find out who killed your father, and maybe learn something about yourself along the way
- Heavily story-driven, with multiple different narrative branches and game endings to discover
- Get as deep with stats as you like, and find your own way through extensive skill trees
- Gorgeous pixel visuals with 80-90s references and nostalgia all over the place
- Now with cross-platform saves!
- Featuring "The Dark Fist" storyline, a free content update with 3 hours of new content!
01-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Instant buy!

01-13-2016, 06:06 PM
bought it!!!!!!!
01-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Beta was pretty fun. I just hope they fixed the issue of getting stuck in a gameplay loop.
01-13-2016, 06:12 PM

Got mixed feelings about this one. I keep playing it, but I think that's because I'm into the genre. It's a bit like the Kairosoft games, most of the times you're watching the game play itself and wait for special events. When you're fighting you can't take direct control, you can select skills and then you watch the fight. Sometimes these fights can take minutes and because they're not really interactive, it's kind of dull. Between fights you can work to make money and then spend the money on training. It really really reminds me of The Sims, Sleep-Eat-Work-Level your Skills-Relax and repeat.
01-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Beta was pretty fun. I just hope they fixed the issue of getting stuck in a gameplay loop.
Indeed sir that has been fixed!

The iOS version is a bit more hardcore right now, the dev team has been punmping out non-stop Steam updates which will then make their way to iOS
01-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Curious about this but not really into management / Kairosoft type games so not sure if I'd dig this.
01-13-2016, 06:50 PM
This has me intrigued but never heard of it before....
01-13-2016, 07:06 PM
Has be intrigued as well, but $5 is more than I'm willing to drop to find out right now. I'll wait for some more chatter on it.
01-13-2016, 07:30 PM
On it like white on rice. 'Never heard of it,' really?