★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take a trip down memory lane!

Venture Kid is a lovingly crafted 8-bit retro action platformer that goes beyond just pixels and chiptunes. It shines with excellent level design, highly entertaining action levels, responsive controls and a great variety of bosses.

Your Mission:
The evil Dr. Teklov is about to build a secret weapon, disguised in his huge space fortress. Time is running out but our hero Andy stepped up to defeat him and fight his way through Teklovs minions. Join Andy and prepare yourself for a dangerous journey that demands great skill and determination. Will you succeed ?

- 9 action packed levels and bosses
- Chiptune soundtrack by Matt Creamer (Slayin)
- 8 unique and useful Power-Ups to help you on your quest.
- Many secret areas to find and explore
- Highly accurate touch controls
- MFi Controller Support

---
This game is a premium product that can be fully played without In-App Purchases. All purchase offers are completely optional and may help you beating the game.
01-13-2016, 06:27 PM
yeaaaaahhhhhh, bought it!!!

what a wednesday!!!!!

01-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Wooohoooooo! Buying now! Just reposting this here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Megamanoidvania to be published by FDG... FDG!!!!!!!!!

Those not only scream instabuy, they scream GotY... On the first month of the year!

I am going to pass out out of excitement here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Come to mama.
01-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Yeah!!! Been waiting all day for this. Downloading!
01-13-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm not very good at these games, but I made a short gameplay video for those interested. I've not yet figured out a way to save progress or shut the music without muting my whole phone. :/

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 01-13-2016 at 06:47 PM.
01-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Smashing buy
01-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Was really surprised to see this only at $0.99. In a way, it is disappointing to be priced that low... Im not complaining, just saying this deserves more.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!!! SAME ICON AS SLAYIN?!?!?!?! DOES THIS MEAN THE SAME DEVS?!?!?!?! Slayin is one of my all time iOS favorite games!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-13-2016, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Was really surprised to see this only at $0.99. In a way, it is disappointing to be priced that low... Im not complaining, just saying this deserves more.
You can always pick up the Orb Doubler if you'd like to support FDG further.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-13-2016, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You can always pick up the Orb Doubler if you'd like to support FDG further.
Say no more. I am buying that before i start the game. LOL