★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Rocket Ski Racing is a high speed, high score racer!

Boosts your way through 24 races. Watch out for blocks of ice and the edge of the track or you'll explode into a scattered pile of parts.

There are two game modes, Gate Chase and Race. In Gate Chase you must go through gates to get points, the only thing is the gates aren't static like normal skiing, they're racing around the track! In Race mode you'll fight 9 other rocket ski racers to stay on the track fast line and finish 1st!

Features

- 6 Tracks
- 24 Races
- Race Mode
- Gate Chase Mode
- Tilt or Virtual Joystick controls
- High Score Leaderboard

nocanwin's comments:
Hope you like it!

01-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Like the look of this!

01-13-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm unable to play at all. I'm using the iPhone 5s running iOS 9.2. Game loads up fine. The main menu is fine. I selected the button to start a race and I'm presented with a screen with a round track and that's it. The game is frozen there. It hangs there and does nothing further. I must force quit out.

EDIT- I uninstalled, reinstalled. No go. I rebooted the phone. No joy. It's the samething everytime. It's hanging after you press the play button.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 01-13-2016 at 09:48 PM.
01-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
I'm unable to play at all. I'm using the iPhone 5s running iOS 9.2. Game loads up fine. The main menu is fine. I selected the button to start a race and I'm presented with a screen with a round track and that's it. The game is frozen there. It hangs there and does nothing further. I must force quit out.

EDIT- I uninstalled, reinstalled. No go. I rebooted the phone. No joy. It's the samething everytime. It's hanging after you press the play button.

Billy
Hmm, no issues on the Gen 6 iPod. So far plays well! Only two races into it, but it's fun for sure.
01-13-2016, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Hmmm, not good! I develop on a 5th gen iPod so your device specs are better than mine. That means it's probably not a RAM issue.

When it freezes are you on the pre race screen? It's a pulled back camera that shows the whole track and some info about the race. Sorry for this next question, but are you hitting play again on the pre race screen? This will load the race. I don't mean to be insulting, but I have to ask. Also, are you signed into GC? I'm on 9.1 so I can install 9.2 and see what happens.

Last edited by nocanwin; 01-13-2016 at 10:33 PM.
01-13-2016, 11:04 PM
The main menu loads. There's the blue racer on the screen. On the lower right corner there is the play button. I tap that. Another screen with a partially pulled back what might be a track appears and that's where it hangs. I don't think the screen is fully loading. There's a white oval and a blue background and that's it.

And yes I'm always signed into gamecenter.
Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocanwin View Post
Hmmm, not good! I develop on a 5th gen iPod so your device specs are better than mine. That means it's probably not a RAM issue.

When it freezes are you on the pre race screen? It's a pulled back camera that shows the whole track and some info about the race. Sorry for this next question, but are you hitting play again on the pre race screen? This will load the race. I don't mean to be insulting, but I have to ask. Also, are you signed into GC? I'm on 9.1 so I can install 9.2 and see what happens.
01-13-2016, 11:18 PM
Quote:
The main menu loads. There's the blue racer on the screen. On the lower right corner there is the play button. I tap that. Another screen with a partially pulled back what might be a track appears and that's where it hangs. I don't think the screen is fully loading. There's a white oval and a blue background and that's it.
I think I found the bug! If you click on the lower right hand corner of the pre race screen will it load? It's a floating point error with the camera and where the button is. I'm not sure if it'll click since it's just out of the camera's frustum. I'll have to submit a build tonight and request an expedited review.
01-13-2016, 11:24 PM
I have what is probably a stupid question, how do I get back to re do a race after I've continued on. As an example, I have just completed race 3, but I would like to try race 2 again? I can't see how to choose races.
Thanks
01-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
how do I get back to re do a race after I've continued on. As an example, I have just completed race 3, but I would like to try race 2 again? I can't see how to choose races.
Sorry, there's no way to go back. You can only re-race immediately after a race and you only get one re-race. The tracks cycle through twice in a season so you'll have a second chance on that track.
01-13-2016, 11:29 PM
YOU GOT IT!

I am able to play by clicking the lower right portion of the screen. Now to go give the game a good play through. I'm intrigued with the whole rocket on my back thing lol.

Thank you dev!

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocanwin View Post
I think I found the bug! If you click on the lower right hand corner of the pre race screen will it load? It's a floating point error with the camera and where the button is. I'm not sure if it'll click since it's just out of the camera's frustum. I'll have to submit a build tonight and request an expedited review.