★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: TIS-100 is an open-ended programming game by Zachtronics, the creators of SpaceChem and Infinifactory, in which you rewrite corrupted code segments to repair the TIS-100 and unlock its secrets. Its the assembly language programming game you never asked for!

* Print and explore the TIS-100 reference manual, which details the inner-workings of the TIS-100 while evoking the aesthetics of a 1980s computer manual!

* Solve more than 20 puzzles, competing against your friends and the world to minimize your cycle, instruction, and node counts.

* Design your own challenges in the TIS-100s 3 sandboxes, including a visual console that lets you create your own games within the game!

* Uncover the mysteries of the TIS-100 who created it, and for what purpose?
01-13-2016, 11:07 PM
So no one wants to discuss this? I usually hate fixed levels, even in a "game" as unique as this where you find yourself programming in an Assembly-like language, but the continuous urge to optimise your code further and the various sandbox modes make it a long term investment and something you can keep coming back to. There's reviews on Steam with 400+ hours. Nothing quite like printing out and poring over a 1980s style manual.

I've only played it on PC, but I think I'll pick it up here as well. Just wish it was universal, although obviously the various terminals would not fit on one screen.

Wasn't there a rip off version of this game on the Store that was universal? Can anyone point me to it?

Edit: found it, http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=273777 , looks like it was pulled though

Last edited by zen_mode; 01-13-2016 at 11:12 PM.
01-14-2016, 04:51 AM
This game makes me feel stupid. Not something I want to keep being reminded of. The programming looks straightforward but I struggle wth the timing when sending/receiving between nodes. The text is really tiny on Ipad so probably better on PC.