★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Townrs Defender 1.2 Released with New Map - Only $2.99!

10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Townrs Defender 1.2 Released with New Map - Only $2.99!

Announcing the release of Townrs Defender Version 1.2!

Everwinter Pass - A new map, featuring new terrain, new textures, and new towers (frost)!
Items - Grab chests for power boosts to enhance your game!
Combos - Reach even higher scores with Combo-Kills!
Tutorial - new players can learn how to play the game immediately!

Many more bugfixes and enhancements!

Grab it from iTunes now!

In a world where powerful sorcerers can conjure entire cities out of thin air, the most powerful form is the Spire. Spires HD - An Epic Story of Tower Defense. Get it on iTunes!
10-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the new map...been waiting for this one.

10-05-2009, 01:38 AM
The new map is crazy compared to the first - more teleports, multiple tiers, and is it my imagination, or is it really bigger than the first?

Only thing is that now zooming out is even more important with this map, and it just doesn't work very well for me - it seems you need to time how you lift your fingers off the screen just right, or it snaps back in. Maybe a zoom slider would be better? Or else try to get that pinch motion down better.

And the powerups are a great addition - more balancing acts to do (whether to go for a powerup, kill an enemy, or what).

One other thing about controls - I'd really like the ability to cancel out of using a special power. I often find myself accidentally using a power when I didn't mean to, or using a different one than I had intended. For example, for the first power, dragging back to the avatar would cancel that one, for the second power, dragging off of the avatar before letting go would cancel, and for the third one, dragging back to the center of the circle would cancel that one. Or perhaps another possibility would be simply putting down a 2nd finger.

Anyway, great update!

Oh yeah, how do the combos work? Not sure I've seen those yet.
10-06-2009, 01:23 PM
@artfoundary

The new map is a little bigger than the first - but we also make better use of the space, so it feels bigger than it is.

I'll take the feedback about the zooming and canceling the skill. I'm not sure what would be easiest for users, but my gut instinct says that just tapping with the second finger should cancel.

Combos are pretty simple -- kill multiple enemies within 5 seconds of each other. The more kills you chain together in that window, the bigger the multiplier on your score!

Also, here's a sneak peek of the update we're submitting today - a new weapon, the Paragon Hammer!

Yeah, it's a pet class.

In a world where powerful sorcerers can conjure entire cities out of thin air, the most powerful form is the Spire. Spires HD - An Epic Story of Tower Defense. Get it on iTunes!
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
i love the game
i think adding a range fighter would be a good update idea

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
10-06-2009, 01:27 PM
New maps are always welcome! why is townrs spelled wrong? Makes me wonder if there is a reason to it...

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
why is townrs spelled wrong? Makes me wonder if there is a reason to it...
Mainly it's an issue of finding good domain names that are still available, or finding good approximations! ( for example, www.flickr.com )

10-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas.M.T.Elliott View Post
The new map is a little bigger than the first - but we also make better use of the space, so it feels bigger than it is.

I'll take the feedback about the zooming and canceling the skill. I'm not sure what would be easiest for users, but my gut instinct says that just tapping with the second finger should cancel.

Combos are pretty simple -- kill multiple enemies within 5 seconds of each other. The more kills you chain together in that window, the bigger the multiplier on your score!

Also, here's a sneak peek of the update we're submitting today - a new weapon, the Paragon Hammer!

Yeah, it's a pet class.

The new class looks like a great idea! I cant wait to have a bear tear apart my enemies!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas.M.T.Elliott View Post
@artfoundary

Yeah, it's a pet class.
Wow, awesome! So how will that work? Will it be available from the start, or will you have to earn it like the other two weapons?
10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
now that is cool! ...a pet class

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.