★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DotEmu
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 647.8 MB
  • Version: 1.02
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: I Have no Mouth, And I Must Scream is a classic point-and-click adventure game originally released in 1995 on PC. Based on a short story of the same title by Harlan Ellison, one of the most-acclaimed American science-fiction writers, I Have no Mouth, And I Must Scream immerses the player in a frightening post-apocalyptic atmosphere 109 years after a supercomputer named AM has wiped out humanity. Created during the War, AM hates all humans and has decided to make the last five survivors pay for what theyve done. These survivors are now immortal, so AM can torture them forever for its own sadistic pleasure.

In the game, youll guide each character through their own hell-- reviewing their past and confronting their fears and weaknesses, all whilst clinging to the hope of someday being free.

I Have no Mouth, And I Must Scream integrates many appealing features, including:
Change between "touch" mode and "classic" mode at any time
Changeable graphics player can choose between different filters
Different soundtracks midi, adlib, and more
Several languages available: English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian (subtitles only)
Play as multiple characters you choose the order
Alternate endings
Well-crafted puzzles
Inspired by Harlan Ellisons short story, who also voices the supercomputer!
No ads, no in-app purchases, no hidden costs. Enjoy all content!

A great story with an interesting, original plot thats disturbing and thought-provoking in equal measure, I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream is an essential title for any adventure game fan -- and now you can enjoy this cult classic on smartphone and tablet with this specially-adapted version!
01-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Looks look...
Insta buy when i get home..

I wish they redid the Indiana Jones ones in HD quality..

01-14-2016, 09:05 AM
Having read the original story this is based on, I'm horrified someone would want to make a game about it. I'm assuming they don't keep all the really messed up stuff?
01-14-2016, 09:10 AM
I played the original version for the PC back in the past when it got released... when computer games had a big physical box and manuals and all kinds of stuff inside as normal editions...

Loved this game back then, I ll love it now as well.

Thanks

Game Designer for life
01-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Sleeper here ! Don't miss for it ! Hope it's great to play on my idevice. That's the only fear I have.
Waiting for some reviews before rejumping into this pure gem...

Hope too it's the uncensored version (one character is forbidden in some countries for the desktop version).
01-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
Having read the original story this is based on, I'm horrified someone would want to make a game about it. I'm assuming they don't keep all the really messed up stuff?
Wow, someone else knows who Harlan Ellison is. Cheers!
Never played the game. Is this a P&C?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-14-2016, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Wow, someone else knows who Harlan Ellison is. Cheers!
Never played the game. Is this a P&C?
Yep Cygster, this is an old school P&C and unless anything has changed for the iOS version, is just as morbid as the original story.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-14-2016, 10:16 AM
Quote:
This! Haha

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
01-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Interested in this. Want to hear takes on iOS version though first rather than pc
01-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Hot damn, this is one of the best adult horror point-n-click games ever.

Nice intellectual/psychological story, not a gory/pop-up-scare game.

Quote:
Harlan Ellison not only helped write this, but voices AM. That's his face on the icon.

Very much as dark as the short story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 01-14-2016 at 11:13 AM.