★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Addiction and Addiction Lite - Awesome Puzzle Game Now Out!

10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Addiction and Addiction Lite - Awesome Puzzle Game Now Out!

Hi Everyone,
Mobile Deluxe's newest game, Addiction just launched! Very cool graphics, addictive game play and gripping storyline. Please check it out and let us know what you think. Check back in the promo codes section for some free promo codes.

Title: Addiction
Price: $0.99

GAME Description:

The puzzle game you just can’t quit; guaranteed to get your blood pumping. Climb forty levels of increasing intensity as you battle the ominous Addiction Meter. Each unique level has a target time that’ll bring you to your knees, craving for more. PLUS unfold the pulp-fiction, comic book story line with every difficulty you overcome. The pressure keeps you wired and the suspense keeps you hooked. Some addictions are worth it.

- 40 mind-blowing levels to conquer.

- BONUS – Mini Graphic Novel included: As you advance through each level, the engaging story line unravels. Who’s going to save the world? Think you’re good enough to find out?

- Addiction Meter: Be wary of the Addiction Meter! Don’t let the Meter exceed its limit or you’ll experience explosive speed and added stress.

- This is a tough game to master and even harder at the 3 playing difficulties: Easy, Medium and Hard. Are you up to the challenge?

iTunes LINK: http://tiny.cc/sNnHw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone_game_addiction_01.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	8661   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone_game_addiction_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	8662   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone_game_addiction_03.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	8663  

Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone_game_addiction_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	8664  

Last edited by MobileDLX; 10-02-2009 at 06:40 PM.
10-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Would love to hear more about the actual gameplay but do like the Lichtenstein-esque art style!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Would love to hear more about the actual gameplay but do like the Lichtenstein-esque art style!
ahh... a cultured man...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
ahh... a cultured man...
I COULD just be talking out of my ass and it was only meant to have sort of a 50-60's comic book vibe...but I thought there was more to it.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hi guys, my name is Dave, one of the developers on this title. Just to give you a little more information about gameplay, it's easy to pick up and play: you swipe left and right to move the spheres around, swipe down to move them down quickly and tap on the left or right sides of the screen to rotate them either clockwise or counterclockwise. As with most games like this, it's pretty easy at the beginning but gets harder the more you progress. One cool feature we added was a "Master Time" challenge for each level and difficulty to give players another reason to keep coming back. I can honestly say that we spent a lot of time fine-tuning the difficulties to make sure it's easy and challenging for a wide variety of players so I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did in making it!

-Dave
10-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the explanation on this. Can you give a similar explanation on Bliss? I saw the promo thread - lots of people getting codes, but no one talking at all about the game, and also no explanation in your description how it plays.

I can't tell from the screen shots - I guess that you are saying a certain number of blocks are dropping? Is it in the tetris style with shapes? Or more like Columns style?

Welcome to TA by the way - sorry -I forgot my manners.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 10-02-2009 at 10:38 PM.
10-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Looks like a nice game.
I might be down.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Perfect control (what Lumines should have done btw).

Good graphics.

After playing the lite one wish: subtle sounds for tile handling (rotation, move left/right, drag down).

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8