★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Explore the Final Frontier in the ultimate sci-fi strategy RPG, Star Trek Timelines! Join Starfleet and embark on all-new adventures as you boldly go where no game has gone before across the entire history of Star Trek.

PLAYER REVIEWS

Absolutely Amazing! Finally a good Star Trek game on iOS! 5/5 Stars
One of the best Mobile games I have played!! 5/5 Stars
Great game, especially for fans of Star Trek 5/5 Stars
For Trek Lovers of All Timelines 5/5 Stars

FEATURES

ASSEMBLE YOUR CREW from hundreds of characters from Star Trek, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise, each with their own unique skills and abilities
COMMAND ICONIC STARSHIPS, including the USS Enterprise, Voyager, Defiant, a Klingon Bird of Prey, the Borg Cube, and many more
ENGAGE YOUR ENEMIES in stunning 3D ship battles with exciting PvE play or in the brand new PvP Battle Arena, where youll test your crews mettle against the best captains in the galaxy
EXPLORE THE GALAXY, gaining influence among a dozen factions, including the Federation, the Maquis, the Dominion, the Terran Empire (TOS: Mirror, Mirror), and the infamous Section 31
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS and win rare rewards with special event missions.
STUNNING GRAPHICS bring the 24th century to life in the most immersive and thrilling Star Trek experience available

STAR TREK & 2016 CBS Studios Inc. 2016 Paramount Pictures Corp. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
01-14-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm not so sure I'm going to like this game, as I'm not generally a fan of this type of game. It's Star Trek, though, so I have to give it a try. Resistance is futile. Downloading now.

01-14-2016, 11:57 AM
Like it... but crashing

Hey, I liked their GOT game, and I'm a much bigger fan of star trek! I am sure i will love this game... but as of now, unplayable on my Iphone 5. I'm stuck in a crashing loop. Hopefully it gets resolved and I can actually give you some feedback on this game. I did spend some money... I hope its not lost.
01-14-2016, 12:13 PM
The monthly subscription that one of the above posters referred to is a $3.99 purchase. What it does is give you dilithium (this is the premium currency in this game) every single day for a month, this is not unheard of in free to play titles.

I have been playing it since it came out, and finally hit a point where I have to stop and wait. Sure, if you want to play it for hours on end you are going to have to spend the money. However, if you, like me have other things going on in your life, I am certain you can find something to do while waiting for your "stamina" to recharge.

That being said, if you hate free to play games, you are going to hate this one because it's free to play. However if your big fan of Star Trek and are willing to wait for a stamina system or spend real money on a game I think it's worth your time.
01-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Not a fan of trek but this looks intersting
01-14-2016, 01:11 PM
The 3.99 ip is not a subscription fee to play the game, that would be suicide these days. It's the fee for the "Monthly Card", perhaps an option to budget IAP through recurring monthly purchase.

As far as the game, it's a mishmash of chars, ships and locals from the various series, where challenges are overcome by applying the appropriate character. The entire game utilizes images and audio from the various shows, but seems more focused on Next Generation. There seems to be a lack of polish, especially with some images and icons appearing very low-res and aliased, but audio is decent and the 3D animations not bad.

The first few missions were enough for me to walk away. Game difficulty (initially) seems remidial, but could feel the familiar linear progression that tends to build in these games that ultimately leads to a paywall.

If someone has a different experience,or can confirm there is fun to be had, Id be interested, perhaps I didn't give it enough time, but seems like the same-old-same-old.

Last edited by gmattergames; 01-14-2016 at 01:15 PM.
01-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Well someone in engineering is taking a dump because I can't get into the game at all. Maybe it's a sign from a higher power telling me to get it off my device. Make it so... Oh whatever.....
01-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Man talk about a let down...every single time you load into an away mission battle where you choose which character to use for what aspect of the mission it freezes halfway through. The only way to get it to work is to close the app and then relaunch. Does it consistently too, every single time. Really need to fix these issues and should have been dealt with during testing and soft launches. It's pretty much unplayable, right now I'm in a crash loop where even the above suggested action isn't working and now it's crashing at the boot up screen part way through q's intro speech.
01-14-2016, 10:37 PM
I dont mind timers or free to play. It just crashes a lot, but im level 7 and enjoying it more and more.
01-15-2016, 08:07 AM
So, this game is basically Heroes Charge with a Star Trek skin and some tweaks to how combat works. Not what I was expecting at all.