★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dwarf Fortress is a famous fantasy world simulation/management game from Bay 12 Games. This app allows you to play Fortress Mode remotely on your mobile device. Dwarf Fortress versions 0.43.03 and 0.40.24 are supported.

Dwarf Fortress is an open-ended fantasy world simulation/management game from Bay 12 Games, which is in constant development since 2002. In Fortress mode, player indirectly controls a group of dwarves, attempting to construct a successful and wealthy fortress. The game features a highly detailed procedurally generated fantasy world with multiple civilizations and wildlife, realistic geology, weather effects. You will have dozens of different building and items to construct, hundreds of materials, advanced military system, agriculture, sieges and underground monsters, diplomacy and trading.

ATTENTION: The original game with a plugin (both free) running at home or on a server and internet connection are required to use this application. Please visit mifki.com/df/setup for server installation instructions (including a cheap option to host server in a cloud). It is recommended to test your connection first - search for DFRCT application.

Visit bay12games.com/dwarves for full information about Dwarf Fortress. However, please report any issues with this application to mifki.com/df/support and NOT to the original game authors.

pronvit's comments:

Dwarf Fortress Remote

mifki
Strategy / Fantasy World Simulation
$3.99

I'm proud to announce the release of Dwarf Fortress Remote 1.0 for the iOS platform. Dwarf Fortress Remote lets you play the famous Dwarf Fortress game (Fortress mode) remotely on compatible mobile devices.

Dwarf Fortress is a famous hardcore open-ended fantasy world simulation/management game from Bay 12 Games, which is free and in constant development since 2002. In Fortress mode, player indirectly controls a group of dwarves, attempting to construct a successful and wealthy fortress. The game features a highly detailed procedurally generated fantasy world with multiple civilizations and wildlife, realistic geology, weather effects. You will have dozens of different building and items to construct, hundreds of materials, advanced military system, agriculture, sieges and underground monsters, diplomacy and trading.

Using DF Remote application, you can enjoy Dwarf Fortress on a mobile device with a fully native user interface optimized for excellent gaming experience and network performance (even on cellular connections).

Dwarf Fortress Remote is not affiliated with Bay 12 Games. The original game with a free server component, and an Internet connection are required to use this application. OS X, Windows and Linux are supported as server platforms, as well as installation on a cloud server. The server and the application contain a mechanism that should allow connecting to home servers behind NAT routers.

DF Remote is available for $3.99 USD and requires iOS 8.3 or later.

More information, screenshots, and server setup instructions are available at http://mifki.com/df

Strike The Earth!

01-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Huston we had had a problem, we may need to say bye-bye to Real Life (tm)

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

01-14-2016, 09:33 PM
But my computer is a potato. Anybody know a better alternative?
01-17-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm glad he didn't release it as a free app. It would just end up getting more attention and then lots of complaints and comments from people that they don't know what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdiddy View Post
But my computer is a potato. Anybody know a better alternative?
Run it on a $5 digital ocean server.
01-18-2016, 01:30 AM
so is this working ok for everyone? I can imagine there being more chances of things going wrong than in your average App.
Never tried DwarfFortress even though I read a lot about it so I am really tempted, but won't have the patience to trial and error the server and connection side of things.

CRPG lover and creator of Dungeons of Chaos
01-19-2016, 01:12 PM
I really wish there was an actual Dwarf Fortress app.

I play Glorkian Warrior because I am the Glorkian Warrior.
01-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolkerE View Post
so is this working ok for everyone? I can imagine there being more chances of things going wrong than in your average App.
Never tried DwarfFortress even though I read a lot about it so I am really tempted, but won't have the patience to trial and error the server and connection side of things.
There's a free app called DFRCT exactly for this purpose - to test server installation/connection prior to purchasing the main app. We're currently working on improving networking code to support more network configurations (that is, ability to connect depends on router configuration you and your ISP have).