★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** NOW WITH MULTIPLAYER ***

It's a classical, top-view, fast and fluid, multiplayer racing game with hours of fun!!

48 unique tracks divided in 3 stages will defy your ability in racing on a hover type vehicle, virtually indestructible. Configure your car before each track to achieve the best results and use your turbo wisely, you will have one per lap.

Integrated with OpenFeint, it provides On-line features such as leaderboards, achievements, chat and friend list.

Simple yet challenging, Hover Mad Race is perfect for short moments - or hours - of leisure.

eggzbacon's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
What's New In Version 1.3
- New graphics and models
- Remodeled tracks
- New physics
- Support for Retina Display
- Support for iPad
- Support for Multitasking with auto pause
- Countdown when resuming

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/app/hover-mad-race-lite/id348857591?mt=8
10-02-2009, 09:35 PM
This looks simillar to Horror Racing control scheme wise. I'll TOFTT.

10-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Impressions

While this is certainly not Real Racing, it's a nice little racing game. There are two control schemes, analog and digital. I've only tried out analog for now, though I'll be sure to post back with the other later. The analog controls are the same as in the screenshots, two arrows to accelerate or to go backwards, and a virtual d pad to turn.
There are two stages or courses to choose from, and you start on a simple square track. Every level you advance to the track gets longer and more complicated, thus you need to adjust your hovercraft to the challenge. Every level you complete you are given a point to spend on acceleration, top speed, turn speed, and turbo power. The graphics are simple, but they get the job done at a quality FPS.

While it's not the best racer out there, there is a certain appeal to me. I'm not sure whether it's the neat hover physics, or the simple graphics.

There's also plenty of room to add on, which I hope the developer does. More stages would be neat, along with new hovercraft models.

10-02-2009, 09:52 PM
The digital controls were what I expected, two more buttons to replace the virtual d pad. I'm also happy to report that the stages have different tracks, which is a great relief variety wise.

10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Nice TOFTT Seishu

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Nice TOFTT Seishu
Thanks. It's a fun little game, reminds me of black mamba racer.

10-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Whew this game certainly gets challenging, especially since the tracks don't have smooth turns. It really makes you focus on when exactly you should turn to make it around without hitting the walls. It's also nice to note that at any time after a race you can add and subtract points to adjust your craft. That way when you lose you can redress your strategy.

10-03-2009, 03:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Are the controls any good?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Are the controls any good?
I really like the digital controls, that way you have two buttons to turn leeft and right. There's also analog controls where you use a d pad to steer. The d pad can get frustrating though when your finger moves off the d pad.

10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Man this game is seriously addicting.
I didn't think much of it at first, especially when I decided to TOFTT.
While the graphics could use some work (along with the tracks) the game gets challenging, and keeps me coming back for more.
If I didn't say this already, in between levels you can add or rearrange points to your stats, changing how well you might perform in the race.
I found that in some levels I needed to boost my acceleration and max speed, while in others with sharp turns I went for turn speed.