★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: I-play
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 25.9 MB
  • Version: 0.7.7
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Play the finest darts game to come to the iPhone and iPod Touch. On the back of huge console success, we exclusively bring you the official "PDC World Darts Championship".

Take on the World's best darts players including 14 time World Champion Phil 'The Power' Taylor, James Wade, John Part and many more. The game features Tournament and Quick Game modes, including popular 'pub' games like Clock, Turbo, Cricket and Killer. Present throughout is THE word on World darts, the legendary 'voice of darts', Sid Waddell.

Official PDC World Darts Championship Game.
3 Different Tournaments (US Open, Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship, Whyte and Mackay Premier League Darts).
Top 10 PDC darts players.
5 different game modes
Intuitive accelerometer dart throwing mechanic focusing on the skill of the player
User friendly touch screen interface
Voice overs from the legendary PDC darts commentator Sid Waddell

Can you hold your nerve and become the World Champion?

Watch our videos on YouTube: youtube.com/user/IplayMobileGaming

Follow us on twitter: twitter.com/iplayGaming
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/iplayGaming

THE STUD's comments:
This is for all us Brits/and a few other countries that like to throw a proper arrow at a board

10-03-2009, 05:27 AM
This game look absolutely brilliant

10-03-2009, 07:01 AM
seems to be missing the essential part of darts mind you .......the sitting in a pub drinking beer part !

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
10-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Looks like i have been beaten to the announcement

Here is the promo trailer for the game

Youtube link | Pop Up

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IplayGaming

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IplayGaming
10-05-2009, 06:05 AM
This game is actually very good, I've been playing it for a day or so and it's quite a challenge. The only problem I see so far is that it needs portrait mode included in it. The graphics are excellent and the menu system is easy to navigate. The use of the PDC license adds a lot to the overall presentation. It's a job well done by i-Play.
10-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Great Darts Game

Well Done iPlay...This is a great game!

Here are my thoughts:

* The graphics are beautiful. The way that the camera follows the darts is nice and smooth.
* The way that the darts interact on the board is a great little touch to the game. If you just keep throwing the darts in the same place, they will hit each other and move. It is the little things like this that make it good.
* The different dart types are fun. Having different modes always adds to a game.
* The comments that sid says are PRICELESS "He has more checkouts than Tesco!".....GENIUS
* A good throwing mechanic, which they have really thought about. If I am on the bus, it is rather rocky, so having the 'touch to throw' mechanic really does help!

Anyway, this is a great game. Good work. Looking through some of your other games, they look just as good. Think I will try these.

Has anyone else tried this?
10-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Love it

Really like this game the graphics are sooooo good. The controls are really simple yet challenging to get a 180.

Has some commentory as you play which is also really funny.

By far and away the best darts game currently on the iPhone.
10-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I've tried most every other dart game avail. On the store and have found them in general to be lacking in depth. Found some to be lacking in gameplay mechanics too.

I'm d/l this now and hoping for something more than I've encountered so far

I'm still a fan of X-Fighters so I'm sure this will offer quite a bit.

Richard
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM
thanks guys for the great comments

we do believe this is by far the greatest darts game ever on iPhone

I have 1 promo code to give away to a lucky Touch Arcade Forum member. The first person to reply on this thread with the answer to the below question wins a code !!!!

How many times has Phil "the Power" Taylor won the PDC World Title ?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IplayGaming

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IplayGaming
10-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-play View Post
thanks guys for the great comments

we do believe this is by far the greatest darts game ever on iPhone

I have 1 promo code to give away to a lucky Touch Arcade Forum member. The first person to reply on this thread with the answer to the below question wins a code !!!!

How many times has Phil "the Power" Taylor won the PDC World Title ?
12 times